There are several public or private bodies that offer student grants for PhD studies. Applications for these grants are called annually. Grants like the FPU, given by the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation and FI, given by the Catalan Government, require a specific agreement between student applicant and an official research group and impose restrictions regarding the number of grants per group and the number of applicants per grant-supervisor.

The different research groups participating in this master will coordinate applications in order to maximize academic quality, scientific interest and chances of success, and may accordingly propose a distribution of applicants across universities and supervisors. In order to do that, the applicant may be called for a personal interview.

The FPU and FI grants are given exclusively to do a PhD, after a master has been completed and other requirements are met. Please see information about the APhil PhD here: