The University of Barcelona offers this third-cycle university degree named Postgraduate diploma in Design of cultural projects to cultural managers who are interested in developing cultural management projects, especially those linked with the local dimension.
In the current cultural ecosystem, characterized by a great variety of actors and sectors that take part in the making of projects from different perspectives and implications, there is a greater need for high quality professionals. Professionals of the public and private sector, who are able to analyse the relevant sectoral and territorial characteristics and to understand the logic behind these, in order to make adequate strategic proposals. This course is intended to:
- Provide high-quality education to ensure full incorporation of innovative and competent professionals in different cultural institutions, projects, facilities and services of our country;
- Promote sustainable and feasible projects at national and international level;
- Encourage exchange of experiences among participants, professionals and experts in the cultural field.
Finally, the Postgraduate degree in Design of cultural projects, corresponding to the first year of the Master in Management of cultural institutions and companies, allows to pursue common modules by VALIDATION (Conceptual foundations; Strategic Planning; Introduction to Resource Management) in the following postgraduate degrees: “International Cooperation and Cultural Management”, Creative Territories and Cultural Tourism” or “Performing arts and Festivals Production and Management”.
- Number of ECTS credits: 30
- Format: on-site and distance learning (see calendar located at the end of the web page of the course).
- Language: Spanish (students can present written works in Spanish, Catalan or English, and the Final Project also in French, Italian or Portuguese)
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Academic access requirements: University graduates and participants without academic qualifications. These latter receive a University Extension Diploma.
- Cost: 3.850€ (payment method: 10% to reserve the course place; 40% before starting the course; two fees of 25% during the course)