With almost 20 years’ experience, this postgraduate course has trained a multitude of professionals who have developed and are developing, in a wide variety of organizations, different tasks related to the world of management and production of permforming arts and festivals. And now, more than ever with the COVID’19 crisis and its consequences still uncertain in the short and medium term, it is important that new future professionals have the best tools and networks to face the labor market where they know how to redefine, imagine, act and making strategic decisions will be essential to save projects and project them into the future.
This postgraduate degree offers an education that integrates both conceptual reflection and participatory debate, with practical analysis of the program and management in the performing arts and festivals (theatre, music, cinema, new technologies, night of museums…) field. Other activities include visits to innovative projects, case studies, simulation exercises or the technical production of a real mini-show. A key element of the course is the collective development of a management project and production of a show, festival or service company, supervised by a professional, using tools from the different modules.
The course has a teaching team made up of active professionals with a great experience in the programming and production of live shows and festivals. Also, academic professors with an extensive international research and consulting experience stand out. Moreover, the course enjoys the support of a number of festivals and fairs (among others: Festival de Cinema de Sitges, Sònar festival, FiraTàrrega, Primavera Sound, Offf Festival, Mostra d’Igualada, Fira Manresa, Vida Festival, Temporada Alta, Trapezi…), venues (Mercat de les Flors, El Gran Teatre del Liceu, Nau Ivanov, Fabra i Coats, Sala Clap, La Seca, La Sala Beckett, l’Antic Teatre, la Central del Circ…) and other organizations within the sector (Escola Superior de Tècniques de les Arts de l’Espectacle, ESMUC, The Project, Club Tr3sc, Cases de la Música…).
The programme is geared towards training professionals with a broad view, who are able to put management strategy into local context and to collaborate in networks at international level. That is, being able to define, scaling and evaluate with success the suitable model for each project. All this provides participants with a collective learning experience, really embedded in the reality of the sector.
Finally, if deciding to continue in education, upon course completion students have the possibility to:
A) ENTER DIRECTLY to the second year of the Master degree in Management of Cultural Institutions and Companies.
B) PURSUE common modules by validation (Conceptual foundations; Strategic Planning; Introduction to Resource Management) in the following postgraduate degrees: “Design of Cultural Projects”, “Creative Territories and Cultural Tourism” or “ International Cooperation and Cultural Management”.
- Number of ECTS credits: 30
- Format (See detailed calendar located at the end of the course page):
- On-site: this curs 2020-2021, for prudential reasons in the face of COVID’19 crisis, the teaching will be online from November 2020 to January 2021 (with virtual sessions on Mondays from 17:00h to 19h and tutoring on Wednesdays in the afternoon) and on-site from February to July 2021 (Monday and Wednesday from 16h45 to 21h and third Saturday on the month on the morning).
- Blended: distance-learning and three weeks on-site, from the 8th until the 26th of February 2021.
- On-site: Catalan and Spanish depending on the teacher
- Blended: Spanish
- Duration: 1 academic year
- Academic access requirements: University graduates and participants without academic qualifications. These latter receive a University Extension Diploma.
- Cost: 3.850€ (payment method: 10% to reserve the course place; 40% before starting the course; two fees of 25% during the course)
- Career prospects: Managers and producers of cultural events.