The Laboratory of Electrochemistry of Materials and Environment (LEMMA in Spanish) is located at the Department of Physical Chemistry in the Chemistry Faculty of the University of Barcelona (Martí i Franquès 1-11, 08028 Barcelona).
For more than 20 years, the LEMMA's group has focused on the study of basic research and the development of R+D and R+D+i projects in the field of electrochemistry of materials and environment.
The main lines of research done so far are:
- Electroshynthesis and electrodegradation of inorganic and organic compounds
- Electrochemical analysis of aqueous, hydro-organic and organic solutions
- Electrodeposition and electrorecuperation of metals
- Metallic corrosion studies
- Synthesis and characterization of conducting electropolymers
- Electrochemical treatment of recyclable and wastewaters
- Gas cells, fuel cells and semi-fuel cells
At the moment, these are the lines of research that are being developed:
- Degradation of organic pollutants by eelectrochemical advanced oxidation processes (EAOPs)
- Fuel cells and semi-fuel cells
- Redox characterization of magnetic organic radicals in non-aqueous media
- Organic and inorganic electrosynthesis of materials
The LEMMA's group also provides services, projects and assessment to technological centres and companies for a continuous innovation within the field of electrochemistry.