The Doctoral Programme in Biomedicine aims to provide multidisciplinary
training to university graduates with degrees in Biology, Biochemistry,
Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Physics, Medicine, Dentistry, Chemistry,
Veterinary and Engineering in the field of biomedical research.
Its particular emphasis is on understanding the molecular mechanisms
which cause diseases, as well as on developing optimum strategies
for their treatment and cure.
objectives of the programme are:
- To provide a doctoral programme which integrates molecular and cell
research to be applied to the understanding, prevention and/or
treatment of human disease.
- To produce biomedical scientists with the ability to act as a link between basic
and clinical research.
- To train scientists in the area of university/business interaction
(R+D management and research foundations).
- To train scientists who wish to work as teachers in the biomedical
- To facilitate and promote translational research.