Legal notice and cookies policy
Address and information
University of Barcelona
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 585
Telephone +34 933 19 63 23
General information about this website
- Under the legislation on universities, the University of Barcelona (“UB”) performs the public service of providing higher education through research, teaching and studies. Its tax identification number is Q-0818001-J.
- This website and all of its contents, including the texts, images, sound recordings, databases, code and any other material, are the property of the UB or third parties who have authorized their use by the institution. All of this material is subject to the current legislation on intellectual property. The respective owners reserve their right to take appropriate legal action to redress any harm or damage caused by any act that infringes upon their intellectual property rights over the contents.
- The UB has implemented the security measures needed to keep its website and servers free of malware. Secure access to the website (such as in the case of intranets) is provided through the HTTPS protocol.
- This website may contain links to third party websites. When visiting these websites, you are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies.
- UB reserves the right to update, change and modify its website at any time without notice.
- Any dispute involving the UB website shall be conducted in the courts and tribunals of Barcelona, expressly waiving any other jurisdiction.
Personal data protection
The processing of any personal data provided by users of the website is subject to the provisions of the regulations on personal data protection. However, the UB website is not a publicly accessible source as stipulated by the regulations.
a) Form data
1. This website contains a form that collects personal data.
2. This website’s processing of personal data will be limited to what is adequate, relevant and not excessive to meet the specified, explicit and legitimate purposes for which the data have been obtained. The security of users’ personal data is guaranteed by the application of technical and organizational security measures.
b) Connection data
Connection data are implicitly generated in the use of internet communication protocols. The data generated by browsing the UB website will be used strictly for technical purposes and by staff who are bound by a duty of secrecy.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. This Cookies Policy was created with the help of the CookiePolicyGenerator.com
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Eva MIGUEL GASCÓN (Universitat de Barcelona)
Cristina FERNÁNDEZ DE MARCOS GARCÍA (Universitat de Barcelona)
Mireia PINTO MONTE (Universitat de Barcelona)
Judith PEIX VISIEDO (Universitat de Barcelona)
Marta VALLS LLORENS (Universitat de Barcelona)
Roberta MENTESANA (Universitat de Barcelona)
Júlia COSO ÁLVAREZ (Universitat de Barcelona)
David JIMENO JIMÉNEZ (Universitat de Barcelona)