SPORTS DAY AT UB SPORTS
- Showcase the University of Barcelona’s sports facilities to other Spanish and international universities, to future students and to prospective research fellows.
- Highlight the enjoyable, recreational side of sports, bringing together the people who have come to visit the facilities.
- Introduce sports that are not widely played in the visitors’ home countries.
DURATION AND TIMES
Visitors can take part in Sports Day activities at Sports UB for up to three hours, in either the morning or the afternoon session.
The morning session is from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., and the afternoon session is from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
TYPES OF SPORTS DAY
1. Introduction to Sports: an introduction to a sport that is not well-known in the visitors’ countries of origin, such as paddle tennis, rugby, five-a-side football or badminton.
2. Games Day: an activity day focusing on sports games, traditional Catalan games and non-sports physical activities, intended to be a fun, social experience for participants.
Light refreshments will be offered at the end of the day.
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Prospective Spanish students
- Prospective international students (Erasmus, etc.)
- Future UB research fellows
- Management staff from other universities
The different areas where Sports Day activities can be held are:
- Full-size and seven-a-side football pitch with artificial turf
- Standard and seven-a-side football pitch with natural turf
- Sports centre
- Five-a-side football pitch with artificial turf
- Paddle tennis courts
- Tennis courts
- Rugby pitch