This master's degree offers advanced training in the definition and analysis of processes involved in the cultural construction of ideas, in particular the notion of identity, and in the representations of these ideas in literature, cinema, theatre and other media. It also addresses issues of receptions, translation and cultural management in the context of multicultural societies in constant transformation that make up today's world.
The objective of this master's degree is to provide quality education in the field of literary analysis that matches the cultural realities of the modern world, marked by increasing contact and exchange between cultures in an overarching process of globalization. The goal is for students to develop cultural and text analysis skills and the ability to evaluate the phenomena of intercultural reception, which are essential for the critical appraisal of changing, plural realities.
The degree has a study load of 60 credits, divided as follows: 12 credits for compulsory subjects, 12 credits for compulsory specialization subjects, 24 credits for optional subjects, and 12 credits for the individual final project.
The following specializations are offered:
- Literature, Gender and Identities
- Literature and Interculturality
- Number of credits: 60
- Mode of delivery: Presencial
- Literature, Gender, Identities
- Literature, Otherness, Globalization
- Bridging courses: No
- Places offered: 40
- Language of instruction: Catalan: 40 %, Spanish: 20 %, English: 40 %
- Approximate price: 46,50 euros per credit (65,87 euros for students who are not EU nationals and do not currently reside in Spain). Fees for the academic year 2018-2019.
- Qualification awarded: Construction and Representation of Cultural Identity
- Faculty or school: Faculty of Philology and Communication
- Coordination: CRISTINA ALSINA RISQUEZ
Faculty of Philology
934 035 658