The postgraduate programme in Economics is intended for students interested in pursuing a professional or research career at an international level. The programme comprises the two-year master's degree in Economics and the doctoral programme in Economics, which has received a quality distinction from the Ministry of Education.
The objective of the master's degree is to train students in the use of theoretical and empirical methods for the analysis of real economic problems and for conducting independent research.
The programme, which is taught entirely in English, attracts students from around the world and enables them to integrate fully into the academic life of the University of Barcelona. On completion of the master's degree, approximately half of the students join the doctoral programme in Economics or enrol in similar programmes at other universities.
UB Economics was created in 2011 to foster scientific research and graduate education in the field of Economics at the University of Barcelona (UB). UB Economics is committed to ensuring that students in the Masters Degree in Economics have access to all the support required to guarantee the highest level of academic achievement and to enhance their career development.
- Number of credits: 120
- Mode of delivery: Presencial
- Specializations: No
- Bridging courses: Yes
- Places offered: 30
- Language of instruction: English
- Approximate price: 46,50 euros per credit (65,87 euros for students who are not EU nationals and do not currently reside in Spain). Fees for the academic year 2018-2019.
- Qualification awarded: Economics
- Faculty or school: Faculty of Economics and Business
- Coordination: JOAN CALZADA AYMERICH
- Coordination Committee for the master's degree
Faculty of Economics and Business
(+34) 934 034 785
OBSERVACIONS: The degree offers second-year students the chance to take up ERASMUS mobility placements.