The principal objectives are for students to understand the main phenomena in language acquisition, to learn about the latest research questions and results in the field of applied linguistics, to learn to transfer research results to teaching practice, and to acquire the independence to propose and carry out a basic applied research project.
The programme is closely linked to on-going developments in international research in the field of applied linguistics carried out by members of the teaching staff. Among other topics, this research focuses on the role of age, input, individual differences in second language acquisition, vocabulary acquisition, perception, second language production, bilingualism and multilingualism, content and language integrated learning, and specific methodological and technological aspects of applied linguistics research.
The course is divided into five modules:
- A bridging module, with a study load of 30 credits: Fundamental Principles of Educational Psychology / Linguistics (as required).
- Three standard modules, with a study load of 15 or 20 credits: Linguistics Applied to Second Language Acquisition, Research Methodology, and Second Language Acquisition.
- A research assignment module, with a study load of 15 credits.
- Number of credits: 60
- Mode of delivery: Presencial
- Specializations: No
- Bridging courses: Yes
- Places offered: 25
- Language of instruction: English (100 %)
- Approximate price: 46,50 euros per credit (65,87 euros for students who are not EU nationals and do not currently reside in Spain). Fees for the academic year 2018-2019.
- Qualification awarded: Applied Linguistics and Language Acquisition in Multilingual Contexts
- Faculty or school: Faculty of Philology and Comunication
- Coordination: RAQUEL SERRANO SERRANO
Department of English and German
Gran Via 585, 08017 Barcelona
934 035 679