The pre-enrolment period opens as of January and closes, at the latest, in September. Each centre and each master's degree can establish their specific periods within this general period.
- First period: 12 February - 17 April 2020.
Notification of resolutions: 30 April
- Second period: 20 April - 19 June 2020.
Notification of resolutions: 30 June
- Pre-enrolment fee: A pre-enrolment fee of 30,21 euros is charged. Students who apply to more than one master's degree must pay the fee for each pre-enrolment request. Pre-enrolment requests cannot be processed until this fee has been paid.Fees will only be refunded if the master's degree in question is suspended.
- Reserved places: A maximum of 5% of the new places of the master's degree are reserved for students who meet the general and specific access requirements and accredit the recognition of a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%.
- Pre-enrolment application
- Photocopy of degree certificate or equivalent qualification. In case of admission, foreign degrees that require so should be translated and authenticated through diplomatic channels before completing the enrolment.
- Other specific documentation related to the selection criteria
Candidates will be given preference if they hold a pre-EHEA or bachelor's degree in a branch of humanities or social sciences, preferably history, music science, history of art, journalism, audio-visual communication, philosophy, anthropology, sociology or music teaching .
Holders of pre-EHEA or bachelor's degrees in other disciplines may also be admitted, subject to consideration on an individual basis. Credit will be given for knowledge of music gained in a conservatoire or higher school of music.
At the end of each pre-enrolment period, the master's degree committee will assess the applications of all candidates who meet the administrative and academic requirements and make an initial selection of successful candidates according to merit. If possible, places will be left open for a subsequent round to applications.
The list of successful candidates will be posted on the master's degree web page. Candidates who meet some, but not all, of the requirements will be placed on a reserve list.
The following selection criteria and weightings will be used:
- Suitability of CV (5 points).
- Knowledge of music (2 points).
- Reasons for applying (2 points).
- Other considerations (1 point).
The course coordinator will remain in email contact with all candidates (whether they have been accepted or are on the reserve list), to inform them about pending administrative and academic procedures.
Successful candidates will be placed on an admissions list in order of priority. Unsuccessful candidates will be placed on a reserve list and automatically accepted if a successful candidate withdraws or if places are available at the end of the pre-enrolment period.