The pre-enrolment period opens as of January and closes, at the latest, in September. Each centre and each master's degree can establish their specific periods within this general period.
- First period: 1 February - 16 June 2019.
Notification of decisions: 26 June
- Second period: 17 June - 3 September 2019.
Notification of decisions: 9 September
- Pre-enrolment fee: A pre-enrolment fee of 30,21 euros is charged. Students who apply to more than one master's degree must pay the fee for each pre-enrolment request. Pre-enrolment requests cannot be processed until this fee has been paid.Fees will only be refunded if the master's degree in question is suspended.
- Reserved places: A maximum of 5% of the new places of the master's degree are reserved for students who meet the general and specific access requirements and accredit the recognition of a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%.
- Pre-enrolment application
- Photocopy of degree certificate or equivalent qualification. In case of admission, foreign degrees that require so should be translated and authenticated through diplomatic channels before completing the enrolment.
- Other specific documentation related to the selection criteria
Candidates must submit a full transcript of their previous studies outlining the courses taken, the corresponding credits and the grades obtained, so that a weighted average can be calculated. A full curriculum vitae should be attached, including information on grants received, projects contributed to, work completed, etc., as well as additional studies and foreign language skills (B1 or equivalent for English). Additionally, a personal statement of interest and letters of recommendation may be included as supporting material. The Coordination Committee for the master's degree assesses this documentation on the basis of the following criteria:
- Relevance of the degree used for the purpose of enrolment and academic record (65%).
- Complementary activities: scholarships, Erasmus grants, additional training (10%).
- Collaborations in studies, projects, publications, companies, etc. related to the field of study (10%).
- Personal statement of interest and letters of recommendation from university teachers or researchers (5%).
- Practical experience in marine-related areas (e.g. boat licence, diving certification, etc.) (5%).
- Personal interview, if required (5%).
Admission is prioritized according to the scores obtained.
The Coordination Committee for the master's degree is responsible for the selection process. Pre-enrolment applications can only be considered if submitted together with all of the required documentation and proof of payment of the corresponding fees. The first selection of candidates is announced by the Secretary's Office for Students and Teaching Staff on 26 June. Candidates not admitted in the first period for clerical reasons may apply for re-evaluation in September, along with candidates who have pre-enrolled in the second period (17 June to 3 September). The final list of candidates admitted to the master's degree will be announced on 9 September.
First period: 15 - 26 July 2019
Second period: 12 - 15 September 2019