The master's degree in Urban Tourism was designed to meet the increasing demand for formal knowledge of urban tourism at postgraduate level, in a context of rapidly changing cities, increasing consolidation of the smart city model, and the emergence of the urban environment as a tourism hub. The general objective is to train high-level professionals and researchers to work in existing and new professional roles, designing and managing projects related to tourism production and consumption and activities associated with tourism in urban environments.
The course differs from other master's degrees in tourism that have a broader focus and more general content. It is a specific course covering the main principles of urban tourism, the structure of production and consumption, and direction, planning and management. In addition, two fundamental new areas are included: entrepreneurship in urban destinations; and knowledge generation and smart tourism.
The master's degree is aimed at graduates in tourism and holders of related degrees in the human, social, economic and legal sciences who wish to complete advanced, specialized training in preparation for careers in various areas of urban tourism.
- Number of credits: 60
- Mode of delivery: Presencial
- Specializations: No
- Bridging courses: Yes
- Places offered: 30
- Language of instruction: Spanish
- Approximate price: 46,50 euros per credit ( 82 euros for students who are not EU nationals and do not currently reside in Spain). Fees for the academic year 2019-2020
- Qualification awarded: Urban Tourism
- Faculty or school: Faculty of Geography and History
- Coordination: DOLORES SANCHEZ AGUILERA