Student profile and access requirements
Recommended applicant profile
This master's degree is intended for holders of bachelor's degrees and equivalent undergraduate degrees in branches of life sciences, environmental sciences, experimental sciences and related disciplines, and for professionals in related areas (including education, public administration, NGOs, environmental consulting, etc.). interested in acquiring advanced, up-to-date training in biodiversity.
Students interested in applying should have previous academic training in one or more areas of life sciences, experimental sciences or environmental sciences.
Admission requirements - Official degree
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master’s degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master’s degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master’s degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master’s degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master’s degree course.
Applicants should hold one of the following official undergraduate degrees, or a direct equivalent issued outside Spain:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Biology
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences
- Bachelor's degree in Marine Sciences
- Bachelor's degree in Genetics
- Llicenciatura degree in Biology
- Llicenciatura degree in Pharmacy
- Llicenciatura degree in Veterinary Science
- Llicenciatura degree in Biotechnology
- Llicenciatura degree in Environmental Sciences
- Llicenciatura degree in Marine Sciences
- Llicenciatura degree in Geology
- Llicenciatura degree in Chemistry
- Agricultural Engineering
- Forest Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Geological Engineering
Holders of university diplomas and technical engineering qualifications will be required to complete bridging courses with a total value of up to 30 ECTS credits. These courses will consist of subjects currently offered as part of the EHEA bachelor's degree in Biology and are intended to give students the basic understanding of botany, zoology and ecology needed for the master's degree subjects.