Objectives and competences
This master's degree focuses on the development of professional skills and will allow students to:
- acquire and develop skills associated with the management, direction and administration of non-university educational institutions;
- acquire knowledge and know-how related to a professional career in the direction or management of education centres – a profession which relies heavily on democratic leadership, coherent application of the principles of efficacy, efficiency, accuracy and satisfaction, and respect for the values of equality and justice.
- Ability to democratically lead educational teams and to conduct tasks related to personnel management.
- Ability to manage groups using processes of motivation, negotiation, conflict resolution and teamwork.
- Capacity to employ the appropriate strategies and tools for the management of information and material and functional resources.
- Ability to build relationships within the scholastic community and effectively engage in educational processes.
- Ability to promote and oversee processes of change and learning in educational organizations.
- Understanding of basic legislation affecting educational management, leading to its correct interpretation and application.
- Ability to design, implement and evaluate projects and improvement plans using action research methods.
Full list of competences