Student profile and access requirements
Recommended applicant profile
This master's degree is recommended for applicants interested in ecology and the environment who have qualifications in environmental sciences, biology, geology, marine sciences, agricultural engineering, forest engineering and related fields. The course offers thorough training in environmental issues, taking a coherent multidisciplinary approach, that draws on the University of Barcelona's long tradition in scientific research and the preparation of professionals in the environmental area.
Applicants with qualifications in other areas, from other countries or unique to other Spanish universities will be considered for admission based on the appropriateness of their studies for this master's degree. Professional experience, work on projects in related fields and knowledge of languages will also be taken into consideration.
The Master's Degree Committee will assess the suitability of each applicant's training in relation to the skills profile of this master's degree.
Admission requirements - official degree
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university masterís degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university masterís degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university masterís degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish masterís degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the masterís degree course.
Applications should hold one of the following official degree qualifications, or a direct equivalent issued outside Spain:
- Bachelorís degree in Biology
- Bachelorís degree in Environmental Biology
- Bachelorís degree in Environmental Sciences
- Bachelorís degree in Marine Sciences
- Bachelorís degree in Geology
- Llicenciatura degree in Biology
- Llicenciatura degree in Pharmacy
- Llicenciatura degree in Environmental Sciences
- Llicenciatura degree in Marine Sciences
- Llicenciatura degree in Geology
- Degree in Agricultural Engineering
- Degree in Forest Engineering