The departments are the university’s basic units of teaching and research activity, and are responsible for organizing and leading research and UB-specific degree studies in different academic areas in one or even more than one of the university’s faculties or schools.
The departments also take charge of promoting and furthering the research and teaching activity of faculty members and in the area of competences they participate in improving student learning opportunities.
Each department is led by a director, a secretary and a departmental council whose members include students representing the student body in degree studies taught by the department. This delegation of students must always include representatives of those students who are coursing third-cycle studies.
- To organize and teach the department’s degree offerings according to the curricula established for these
- To organize and promote research.
- To organize specialist, refresher and university extension courses.
- To promote in-service training for the department’s teaching staff in the areas of scientific knowledge and teaching and learning practice.
- To promote the preparation of scientific, technical or artistic projects and assignments, in accordance with the University of Barcelona Statute.
- To foster relations with other departments.
- To participate in affairs of university governance, in the manner prescribed by the University of Barcelona Statute.
- To draw up departmental regulations, which must be approved by the Division Council.
- To assume all those responsibilities assigned to the department by the University of Barcelona Statute and the university’s general regulations.
Departaments of The Faculty of Pharmacy
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Health Microbiology and Parasitology
Natural Products, Plant Biology and Edaphology
Nutrition and Bromatology
Pharmacology and Therapeutic Chemistry
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology