The Work Group of public Spanish-Portuguese map libraries (Ibercarto) will make a meeting in the Faculdade de Ciências de l'Universidade do Porto in November 2018, from 15 to 17.
The motto is Cartography: knowledge source and knowledge instrument.
It will be structured in different blocks:
- Technical treatment of new cartographic resources
- Practices and instruments of access to archives and university map libraries
- Preserve and conservation of cartographic resources
- Diffusion of information from productor perspective
- Cartography as science: the role of map libraries
- Treatment of thematic cartography in map libraries: the case of geologic maps
- Digital cartography
- Historical cartography
- Other technical, social and historical aspects of cartography and the management of cartographic floors d
There is a call for papers for presenting proposals until June 2018, 30.