From January 30 to April 19, 2020, the exhibition Mapes, país, futur: centenari de l'exposició cartogràfica Catalana (1919) [Maps, country, future: centenary of the Catalan cartographic exhibition (1919)] can be visited at the Museu d'Història de Catalunya.
The centenary of the exhibition organized by the Centre Excursionista de Catalunya in 1919 is commemorated. Many of the maps are the same as those exhibited. On that occasion, the objective was to provide cartographic documentation that would facilitate the drawing of a new territorial division of Catalonia in regions called comarques.
In addition to the edition of a catalog of the exhibition (download PDF), a series of conferences has been organized to be held at the same headquarters of the museum and which will be preceded by a guided tour of the exhibition:
- Natural risks and cartography (February 5, 6pm)
- Geological heritage (February 19, 6pm)
- Territorial delimitation and cartography (March 4, 6pm)
- New ways of observing the Earth (March 18, 6pm)
- Digital cartographic information resources for hikers (April 1, 6pm)
- Discovery of the territory. Hiking and orientation: tools (April 15, 6pm)
For more information you can visit the website of the exhibition, which has been organized by the Institut Cartogràfic i Geològic de Catalunya (ICGC) in collaboration with the Centre Excursionista de Catalunya (CEC), the Museu d'Història de Catalunya (MHC) and with the sponsorship of Hitachi.