The Teaching Innovation Group in Business Organization (GIDOE) was established in 1997. It is currently a teaching innovation group consolidated by the University of Barcelona, with code GINDOC-UB / 070 and are part of it 19 teachers from the University of Barcelona of the departaments of Business Organization, Economics and Econometrics, Statistics and Applied Economics.
The group was established with the purpose of contributing to the improvement of university teaching through methodological innovations that allow students – in any area of study – to incorporate, relate and assimilate the concepts of Business Management & Administration and especially to reduce the distance between theory and professional practice, using reflection and educational research.
Therefore the innovation on teaching research lines are:
- Professionalizing Learning
- Flipped Classroom
- Cross-disciplinary Skills
- Student Engagement
- Teaching Team
- Gamification or Game Based Learning
- Assessment Instruments (rubrics)
- PBL, Cases and Simulations
- Project Based Learning
- TFG / TFM (Final Project of Carer / Master)
Objectives of the Group
As for the purpose of this group is to contribute to the improvement of university teaching through methodological innovations that allow students -of any area of study- to incorporate, relate and assimilate the concepts of Business Management & Administration. Therefore with the intention of achieving this goal we will work on new teaching methodologies, on the improve of the work of teachers in the classroom and we will also make work of research that will be materialized in the publications.
The active working lines are:
In the field of motivation in higher education “engangement”
- Measure of the university students absenteeism and dropout
- Propose teaching innovations that promote an active class attendance
- Design of resources and strategies that develope the critical judgment of students
- Improvement of the teamwork, in teachers and students groups
In relation with the new teaching methodologies
- Improvement of the motivation and assimilation of concepts in classroom and making them easier to apply to reality and/or society.
- Innovation in assessment methodologies, especially applicable to big groups therefore more than 80 students
- Flipped classroom as a dynamic and interactive teaching method.
- Gamification to achieve that students absorbe better the knowledge and improve some abilities
- Problem-Based and Project-Based learning. That is to say design strategies and cases (visual and written) to use in classroom.
In terms of Professionalizing Learning
- Learning cross-disciplinary skills as an essential tool for any professional sector.
- Practices as a link between students and the working world
- Learning based on projects to bring students closer to the working world
In regards to tools in order to improve the learnings
- Analysis and development of the teachers work
- Mentoring to improve the relationship between students and teachers
- Objective assessment linked to the learning goals with the use of rubrics
- Improving the engangement from the students as a mechanism that help to improve the active class attendance.
Finally in reference to the last reflections of the Educational Process
- Final Degree Project (TFG)
- Final Master Project (TFM)