- International Workshop on the Economics of Parking. On November 28 was held the workshop “International workshop on the economics of parking”. Workshop Program
- Workshop: On March 4 was held the workshop “Innovations in service delivery”, which include a Scientific Committee from universities in several countries. Program. Call for papers. Press release.
- Workshop: On 23 and 24 November was held international workshop “Advances in research on surface transportation: Motorways and High Speed Rail”, which included representatives from universities in several countries. Program.
- Seminar: On April 30 there was a seminar taught by Antonio di Paolo, who presented his project awarded by the Càtedra Pasqual Maragall. Title: “Bilingual Schooling and Earnings: Evidence from a Language-in-Education Reform”.
- Workshop: On March 12 there was a workshop taught by Robert Cervero (University of California at Berkeley); “Bus Rapid Transit: An Efficient and Competitive Mode of Public Transport.” On March 13 there was another workshop by Robert Cervero; “High-Speed Rail and Economic Development: Agglomeration Business and Policy Implications”.
- Workshop: “I Workshop on Risk, Operationalisation and Evaluation of Public Policies” – UB 2014. Organitzation: University of Barcelona, el Grup de Recerca en Governs i Mercats (GiM), Riskcenter, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP) and Càtedra Pasqual Maragall. PROGRAM.
- Meeting “Ernest Lluch” – UIMP Santander 2014. Management reform of public services. Privatization, nationalization and other alternatives. Organizatión: Germà Bel (GIM-UB) and Daniel Albalate (GIM-UB). Program (pdf, 2072KB)
- Workshop: International Workshop on “The Desired and Undesired Effects of Infrastructure and Trasnport Policy Reform”. Barcelona, 29 November 2013. http://www.ub.edu/graap/Workshop2013.htm
- Workshop: International Workshop on Assessing Universal Service Policies in Latin America . Lima (Peru), 1st of June, 2013. Organization: Joan Calzada (GIM-UB), Jacint Jordana (UPF-IBEI), José Tavara (Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú) and Arturo Vásquez (OSINERG).
- Workshop: Wokshop on Telecommunications Economics. Wednesday March 13th 2013. 08:30. Sala de Recepcions.
- Simposium: Simposium ”Neither Public nor Private: Mixed Forms of Service Delivery around the Globe”. Thursday the 17th and Friday the 18th of May 2012.
- Conference and Advanced Seminars : Conference on Telecommunications on the 8th of February of 2012, and Advanced Seminars on Telecomunications on 9th and 10th of February of 2012.
- Workshop on Public Private Partnerships. Thursday May 26th 2011.14:00h. Sala de Graus.
- Conference on Transport Infrastructure. Monday June 20th 2011. 12:00h. Sala de Recepcions.
- Seminar: Martin Foureaux Koppensteiner (University of Leicester) presents”Life and Death in the Favelas: The effect of violence on birth outcomes”, joint work with Marco Manacorda, Thursday 20th of June, 2013. 13:15. Aula 321 ERE. Joint organization with Pasqual Maragall Chair of Economy and Territory, UB.
- Seminar: Ramón Núñez Sánchez (Universidad de Cantabria) presents ” Demand uncertainty and overcapacity in Spanish Port Authorities for the period 1986-2005”, Wednesday, April 24th 2013. 13:00. Aula 320 ERE.
- Seminar: Jose Miguel Abito (Northwestern University) persents “Welfare Gains from Optimal Pollution Regulation “. Monday , March 4th 2013. 12:00h. Aula320- ERE
- Seminar: Juan Luis Jiménez (Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria) persents “Corruption and local politics: does it pay to be a crook?”. Monday May 14th 2012. 13:00h. Aula 321-ERE
- Seminar: Miguel Almunia (University of Berkeley) presents “Tax Enforcement Notches: Evidence from Spanish Firms”. TuesdayMay 8th 2012. 16:30h. Aula 320-ERE
- Seminar: Juan Carlos Martín and Concepción Román present “Transporte aéreo y alta velocidad: competencia modal, competitividad espacial e integración modal”. Monday February 27th 2012. 12:30h. Aula 321-ERE
- Seminar: Francesc Trillas (UAB) presents “The effects of surprise political events on quoted firms: the March 2004 election in Spain”. Thursday, January 12th 2012.13:30h. Aula 321-ERE
- Seminar: David López-Rodríguez presents “Tax Evasion and Bunching at Kink Points”. Thursday, November 17th 2011.13:30h.Aula 320-ERE
- Seminar: L’Augusto Voltes-Dorta presents “Determinants of airport cost flexibility in a context of economic recession” and David López-Rodríguez presents “Distributive Politics and Economic Ideology”. Tuesday, October 18th 2011.
- Seminar: Maria Ana Vitorino,Wharton School (University of Pennsylvania), presents “Efficiency Gains from Removing Entry and Price Controls: Evidence from a Change in Regulation” (with Katja Seim). Thursday, April 14th 2011. 13:00h. Aula 318-ERE
- Seminar: Ricard Gil, TBA. Thursday May 12th 2011. 13:00h.
Job Market Seminars
- Seminar: Paulo Abecasis (Universitat Pompeu Fabra), presents “Divide and Conquer: Targeting in Network Goods “. Monda, February 14th 2011 . 12:30h. Aula 318-ERE
- Seminar: Filomena Garcia (School of Economics and Management- Technical University of Lisbon), presents “Symmetry-Breaking in two-player games via strategic substitutes and diagonal nonconcavity “. Friday February 18th 2011. 12:30h. Aula 325-ERE
- Seminar: Caterina Gennaioli (Fondazione Eni Enrico Mettei), presents “Go Divise or Not? How Political Campaigns Affect Turnout “. Friday February 25th 2011. 12:30h. Aula 319-ERE
- Seminar: Elena Panova (Université du Quebec à Montréal), presents “Informative Campaign Promises “. Thursday March 3rd. 12:30h. Aula 318-ERE