Structure and Organisation
The Institute is organised around the following bodies:
- The Board or Advisory Committee of the Institute, made up of representatives from government, organisations, enterprise and prestigious researchers.
- The Executive Council, comprising a Director of the Institute and representatives from the groups which go to make up INSA·UB.
- On an operational level INSA·UB is organised into thematic research programmes or units, established according to the objectives of the Institute and taking into account the research lines being followed by the groups which provide backing. The following units were established at the founding of the Institute:
- Food analysis and monitoring
- Food safety
- Studies of food in society
The Institute will also have a unit dedicated to management, support services and transfer, as well as an Information Centre covering nutrition and food safety.
INSA·UB will initially be a virtual institute, organised according to common research objectives, the links which emerge from the work of its investigators in research programmes, and in terms of the training and teaching links created through the new organisational structure. However, it is possible that in the future it may have its own physical space that would foster new synergies and the development of innovative research lines, and which could house, where appropriate, new research infrastructure for shared use.