Postdoc in Biodiversity Analyses at Biodiversity Research Institut (IRBio) of Universitat de Barcelona
The candidate will have to compile, analyze and interpret data from selected biodiversity datasets of terrestrial, freshwater and marine environments derived from time series long-term studies conducted in Catalonia, aiming at disentangle temporal trends associated to environments factors of change.
What we need
- A high level of motivation and sound interest in biodiversity
- PhD degree with a strong quantitative background in statistics, biology, environmental science mathematics or other experimental sciences.
- Expertise on biodiversity data management and time series analysis.
- Knowledge on Ecology and related fields such as population dynamics.
- Ability to handle varying workloads and aptitude for teamwork.
- High level of collaborative and communicative skills.
- Good level of English, solid scientific writing skills.
- Compilation and analysis of time series long-term biodiversity data from different research groups at the IRBio.
- Report on biodiversity databases, essential biodiversity indicators and monitoring protocols in terrestrial, freshwater and marine environments.
- Publication of a paper in a high impact journal.
What we offer
- One year full-position (possibility to extend the contract depending on availability of funds).
- Working at the Institut de Recerca de la Biodiversitat (IRBio) at the Universitat de Barcelona.
- Possibilities to collaborate with IRBio research groups with high level of expertise on biodiversity and ecology of different terrestrial, freshwater and marine environments.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, include your CV and a cover letter (include the contact details of two referees)
Send to email@example.com indicating in the reference on the subject of the message: Postdoc-Biodiversity analyses _ name of candidate
Deadline for Applications
Please submit your application by the 20 of October 2021 or until the position is filled.