Antoni M. Badia i Margarit Awards for the best thesis written in Catalan at the University of Barcelona
The first Antoni Badia i Margarit award are announced for the best thesis written in Catalan, in homage and in memory of the former rector of our University and, above all, an outstanding linguist.
The total amount is €8,000, corresponding to five awards of €1,600 each. The awards are divided into five categories:
– Best thesis in Catalan in the humanities and social sciences.
– Best thesis in Catalan in the field of experimental sciences and health sciences
– Best thesis in Catalan with a gender perspective
– Best thesis or action in Catalan on sustainable development objectives
– Best action in Catalan for the dissemination of the doctoral thesis.
Eligible candidates are those enrolled in the academic year 2020-21 on a doctoral programme at the University of Barcelona who have deposited and defended their doctoral thesis during the academic year in question (between 1 September 2020 and 31 July 2021), and whose thesis has already been entered in the UB’s Digital Repository.
As for the Prize for the best action in Catalan to disseminate the doctoral thesis, the action or activity must have taken place during the academic year 2020-2021, but the thesis must have been deposited and defended between 1 September 2018 and 31 July 2021.
Doctoral theses may be submitted in the following formats:
- a) Thesis written entirely in Catalan, with or without international mention.
- b) Thesis as a compendium of articles (which may be written in other languages) in which, as a minimum, the Introduction, Objectives, Discussion and Conclusions sections are written in Catalan.
The deadline for submission of applications will be one month (it will open on 4 November and close on 4 December 2021), and the resolution will be published during the month of January.