The main aims of this Master's program are:
1. To provide comprehensive conceptual and methodological training in biotechnology for all those interested in basic biotechnology, in particular, graduates and professionals from the fields of biomedicine and related industrial sectors including, the pharmaceutical industry, agriculture and fisheries, the food processing industry, and the environmental sector.
2. To train the professionals to meet the employment requirements of the growing number of biotechnology companies in Europe and to shorten the time lag between a basic development in the laboratory and its application in the real world.
3. To give students an expert understanding of the applications of biotechnology in the sustainability of production systems and the bioremediation of the environment.
4. To provide comprehensive training in management methods and techniques for research as well as business.
5. To give students a good understanding of regulations governing the patenting of biotechnology products and issues related to biosafety.