Specific competences to develop
* Show a broad
knowledge of the advanced tools of economic analysis and historical perspective
that are used to understand, analyze and solve problems related to economic
development of societies.
* Have a broad
knowledge of the historical evolution of the economic, institutional, social
and environmental context in which the agents have to operate.
* Apply those research
methodologies that are used the various fields of economic history and the related
areas of economics and history.
* Be able to
develop an independent research and interpret the results in a sophisticated way.
in the elaboration of a research work within the discipline of specialization.
* Identify relevant information sources, and their contents.
* Approach critically those documentary sources that are relevant for
historical and economic analysis.
* Carry out empirical studies on various aspects of economic history and
economic development processes in historical perspective.
* Be familiar to the techniques and software tools
necessary to carry out an applied study.
theoretical reasoning to the analysis of cases and to the description of
competences to develop
Master's training profile includes a set of generic skills that can be organized
in five basic areas
1. General abilities.
- Ability to learn,
- Ability to investigate.
- Knowledge of languages,
2. Collecting and processing
- Ability to get information
across multiple source documents.
- Ability to
synthesize information using software.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of
complex quantitative and qualitative information.
- Ability to critically examine the information related
to a certain problem.
3. Use of information
- Ability to apply theoretical
and methodological knowledge in order to solve historical or current complex
- Ability to approach problems in an original and
- Ability to face new problems where the knowledge
available cannot be directly applied.
4. Work performance
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Leadership skills
- Ability to take decisions.
- Ability to organize the use of time
- Ability to work
- Ability for self-criticism and open and constructive
attitude before others' criticism.
5. Dissemination of
- Ability to understand and put in context the progress
of the international scientific community investigation
- Ability to communicate the research results using the various
available means, distinguishing between specialized and non specialized public.