Admission requirements − Official qualifications
In the first instance the only admission requirements are that the applicant should be in possession of one of those qualifications specified by the Master Coordination Committee:
Qualifications required for admission
- A degree in Food Science and Technology, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy or Veterinary Science.
- A technical degree in Agricultural Engineering, Agronomic Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- Other qualifications considered suitable by the Coordination Committee.
The Coordination Committee shall be responsible for selecting applicants and shall do this according to the selection criteria specified below.
The Master Coordination Committee shall take the following factors into consideration:
Should the Coordination Committee consider it necessary, applicants will be called to a personal interview in which their relative merits will be evaluated. Important factors here will be the applicant’s ability to express ideas effectively and demonstrate a certain degree of communicative skill. The applicant’s availability in study hours will also be considered particularly important.
- The applicant’s academic record (60 %)
- Curriculum vitae (30 %)
- The contents of a covering letter outlining the applicant’s reasons for having chosen this Master (10 %)
After reviewing the criteria outlined above, the Coordination Committee shall reach a decision regarding each applicant and this decision shall only be conditioned by one final consideration: in order to ensure that the lower level of qualification of certain applicants will not disrupt the smooth running of classes during the initial period of the Master, such applicants will also be evaluated on the basis of their basic level of academic preparation at the time of application. Finally, the Committee’s reasoned decision shall be published on the web page and sent to all those applicants having previously requested this service.