NORMS AND REQUIREMENTS CONCERNING THE FINAL PAPER
1. The final paper must be registered in one of the courses offered by the Master's degree (whether core or elective) and, consequently, it must be supervised by one professor of the Master’s academic staff.
2. There is only one examination session for the final paper which is scheduled during the second half of June, but the student can enrol his/her paper for the next academic year, once passed all the modules’ credits.
3. The paper must have a minimum length between 50 and 100 pages.
4. Outline of the basic quality parameters required:
● Methodology expertise.
● Use of specific and quality bibliography properly cited.
● Development of a topic which, in the event the student comes from the academic pathway, must be a widening of one topic of the course linked to the paper. But, in the event the student comes from the research pathway, the topic of his/her final paper must be original and approached according to the research perspective intended to follow in his/her future PhD. With this aim, it must be necessary to carry out a State of the art. It is also important to take into account that the research pathway student will be also required to keep coherence in the election of the period of his/her paper’s topic and the period of his/her future PhD.
5. In the case of final papers belonging to the research pathway, the student will defend his/her paper at the viva, before an examining board composed of two members: the supervisor and another professor of the same field or speciality.
Last Updated ( Dimarts, 24 Novembre 2009 )