I have a mobility


Once you have knowledge of the mobility that you have granted, you must accept or reject it.

For this you must enter into the SOP, print resignation or acceptance letter, and submit two signed copies to the ORI.

By this time the SOP will ask you to complete online information such as scanned copy of your identity card or bank account, among others. Do not forget to be attentive to the requirements of SOP management program and complete all information that is required.

In case of any disagreement with the mobility that is assigned to you, you must communicate with the ORI, to explore a possible reallocation within opportunities for mobility that are free.

It is important to be attentive to the dates established by each call for the acceptance or rejection of mobilities, because acceptance letters delivered later will not be considered.

Once the deadline for accepting or rejecting a mobility finished the university posted on its website the final resolution.



Having a place of mobility granted by the UB does not mean that the foreign university accept you immediately. So the ORI makes a nomination of the students selected to each foreign university. In this first stage, the International Office notified to the foreign universities the selected students.  The statement specifies your period of stay, contact details, level and type of studies.  In response the foreign university will contact you to inform the procedure to be formally accepted.

If you have no timely response from the foreign university we recommend you check the mobility website of this university for more information or you can consult with ORI.



It is important that you know and you review the information on the website of the university where you will perform the exchange.

In the section where I can go, you can consult the information sheets per universities and find information about the acceptance procedure, deadlines for submission of applications, language courses, accommodation and training opportunities among others.

If you have any doubts you can consult the ORI inside the student service hours.



It is very important that you do correctly and within the terms established by each university you apply as an exchange student. No time or properly send the documentation required by the foreign university, can make your application be rejected. Some application forms require the signature of the responsible by the UB, in these cases you should contact the ORI to perform the procedure.  It is the student’s responsibility to complete the information required for each foreign university. For cases that require physical delivery of documents, the ORI may help you in the process.



You can download this document from your personal space in the SOP, “student credential “. It may be helpful to ask for additional scholarships, attached to the application of the foreign university, get health insurance or get a student visa.



There are some additional financial support to do your exchange stay. Usually are public or private organizations that have their own calls. You can submit your application to all the calls you want. Note that each call has its own applications and submission dates. If you have questions about how to apply for these grants you should contact the appropriate agency.



Before departing to foreign university is important that you have approved and signed document of equivalence and / or lerning agreement (this one only in the case of ERASMUS mobility). In addition you must be enrolled as an exchange student.


How to complete the document academic equivalence and lerning agremment:

-The documents must be completed directly from the mobility management program SOP.

-To complete the documents you need to create one record for each subject. Therefore, you must have all the information about the subjects of the foreign university (name, code, number of credits, content, etc.)


-Make a proposal for academic recognition with elective subjects: in these cases you will have more flexibility to choose subjects. You must take into account when you are making the selection that the courses are related to your field of study. When you create this type of records in the field of foreign university you must complete at least the fields name, code and number of credits. In the field that corresponds to the UB is not necessary to write a code in the name of the course you should type “optional 1” and continue numbering each subject in the same way. You also must complete the number of credits. At the end do not forget to check the box corresponding to optional subject.

-Make a proposal for recognition of obligatory subjects: To perform this type of validation, the subject of the foreign university must match at least 80% in content, to the subject of the UB. When you create the registry for this type of subjects you must complete all information about the subject of the foreign university and in the field that corresponds to the UB you must write, code, name and number of credits of the subject you want to validate. At the end do not forget to check the corresponding box to obligatory subject.

-Make a proposal for recognition of credits from universities that are outside the European Framework: If you make an exchange in a foreign university that does not use the European system of credits ECTS, you must calculate the value of their credits. To do this the first step is to check on how many hours of work, corresponds to 1Credit at the foreign university. Then you can make the equivalent, knowing that in University of Barcelona, ​​1ECTS = 25 hours.

-Language courses: Most of the language courses offered by foreign universities are not considered as a subject that can be validate. You should consult each case, with the responsible for exchange students from the secretary of the Faculty of Geography and History.


-You must submit your academic equivalence and lerning agremment (this only for ERASMUS) in the ORI within the stipulated dates for initiating the study and approval. In the case that you have obligatory subjects in your equivalence you must also attach the content of the subject of the foreign university.

-If a problem exists with the proposed recognition you have presented, the ORI will contact you to make the appropriate changes.

-Once your request is resolved, you will be notified by email, so that way you can claim the original documents in the ORI.



-You will have to be enrolled as an exchange student, prior to the start of your stay.

-No auto-enrollment is made.

-The registration is done in person at the secretary of students from the Faculty of Geography and History.

-Schedule and procedure will be published on the website of the faculty, the information also be sent by email to each student.

-You can not enroll as an exchange student, If you don’t have a study plan approved.



In the contract ERASMUS the financial support that you get to do your exchange and payment methods are defined. It is important that prior to your trip you print two copies of the final document and deliver at OMPI or ORI.



It is important that you have sufficient knowledge of the language of the host country in order to take full advantage of your stay. We inform you about some possibilities:

Courses from the school of Modern Languages ​​at the UB (EIM): EIM organizes specific courses for students who participate in a mobility program before the start of your stay abroad. More information on EIM


Language courses at the host university: The majority of European universities offer language courses for foreign students. Usually courses are held at the beginning of your stay and have a huge variety of hours and levels. Check the website of your host university for more information.



It is mandatory that you have health care coverage for the entire period of your stay abroad.

-European Union and associated countries: if you have Spanish public health care, this will cover you by applying for European health insurance card. Is recommended to request the card in a short time before leaving. For information about the process check EUROPEAN HEALTH INSURANCE CARD

– Other countries: You have to check the international agreements that are in force. You can be viewed at ALLIANCES SOCIAL SECURITY

-Contract private insurance: if you need private insurance, you can contact the insurance company that collaborates with the UB, GDS Risk Solutions Insurance Brokerage SL.

More information on GDS.



It is especially recommended in the case of mobility outside the European Union, that the student have information before the trip about the need for a student visa with the embassy or consulate concerned. It is also recommended that upon arrival in the foreign country, you register at the consulate as “non-resident”, this registration will allow you to facilitate the replacement of documents in case of loss or theft.



There are different cards to international students, with which you can obtain discount buy tickets of airplane, bus or train, entrance to museums, etc..




You have to inform, about the country that will host you, we recommend to consult.

Information about countries of the European Union: TRAVEL IN EUROPE, PROTEUS


-Vaccination: if you want to do some sightseeing, especially for the case of Latin America and China, we recommend you consult if necessary vaccinations before your trip.