Are you a postdoctoral researcher thinking about your next career move? The Marie Sklodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships (before called Individual Fellowships) are a great option if you are an experienced researcher looking to give your career a boost by working abroad.
Institute of Neurosciences of the University of Barcelona allows you to work in a first-class research environment while benefitting from an attractive salary to cover living, travel and family costs.
Group and project information
Applicants will be integrated into the research group “Neuropharmacology & Pain”; (P.I. Francisco Ciruela).
The Neuropharmacology and Pain Research Group (http://www.ub.edu/neuropharmpain/) is a multidisciplinary team implementing the latest neuropharmacology approaches based on the rational design of drugs, the identification of targets and therapeutic agents, and the generation of efficient systems for the drug delivery (i.e., photopharmacology). Thus, in recent years we have been evolving into an integrated research team with strong alliances between basic and clinical sciences that has allowed us to identify and evaluate unmet pharmacotherapeutic needs in neurobiology.
The project, entitled “Dynamics of dopamine heteroreceptor macromolecular assemblies (MMAs) in schizophrenia and neurodegenerative disorders”, consists of deciphering the dynamics of dopamine heteroreceptor formation and pharmacological interplay within the context of native and in vitro recreated MMAs to better define personalized programs to manage dopamine-related disorders. Indeed, the development of innovative photopharmacological strategies with high spatiotemporal resolution and low side effects will constitute a key part of the overall objective of the following project.
Functions and tasks
The candidate will be responsible and/or contribute to:
- The functional characterization of human brain receptorsomes (MMAs).
- The electrophysiology involved in the project.
- Photopharmacology needed to remotely control GPCRs.
Requirements for candidates:
- PhD or equivalent (Recognised Researcher R2)
- Experiencie in molecular pharmacology, electrophysiology and/or animal behaviour will be considered.
- Candidates must fulfill eligibility MSCA criteria.
- Full time temporary contract
- Gross salary of about € 50,000
- Duration: ranging from 12 to 36 months depending on the typology of the fellow
- Starting date: flexible from beginning of May 2022
Support for candidates
- Personalized support on the application
- Personalized mentoring if pre-selected (valued in 4000 euros)
- Support on other national calls such as Beatriu de Pinós and Junior Leader
How to apply
Please submit your CV to: Francisco Ciruela (firstname.lastname@example.org); Reference: MSCA PF Candidate)