The objectives in the area of Transfer of Technology are:
To offer assessment to insurance companies in innovation and development (technical and scientific knowledge transfer), as well as information on research project calls for public-private joint interests.
To develop UBZurich Chair seminars for technological dissemination in the insurance sector.
Edward W. (Jed) Frees seminar on «Analytics of Insurance Markets»
Feb. 9, 2016: Professor Edward W. (Jed) Frees from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, gave a lecture in the Zurich Insurance Spain Group headquarters. Zurich staff attended to the conference. During the lecture entitled “Analytics of Insurance Markets”, professor Frees taught an overview of the Insurance Analytics, explaining why it is a relevant issue in the daily activity of the insurance company and decision making. He illustrated the conference with numerous examples related to different areas (risk management, pricing, reserving, IT, etc.). He stressed the importance of big data analysis in the insurance field.
Different seminars have been given by members of Riskcenter under the Insurance Leaders of the Future program:
- October 29, 2013: Innovative strategies in the insurance sector, two examples.
- February 11, 2014: Deterministic versus stochastic methods in the calculation of technical provision of benefits.
- April 29, 2014: Calculation of scenarios for lapse rate under contagion between general insurance cancellations.
- April 22, 2015: Where should innovation in insurance take us to?
- April 26, 2016: Recent advances in private pension schemes and an analysis of the Spanish market
- January 18, 2017: Quantitative methods in fraud insurance.
Presentations of the Workshop on Evaluation of Public Policies for sustainable Long Term Care in Spain, 2015