14 students to participate in an exchange programme through the MSc in Economics
The next academic year will see 14 students participating in an exchange programme through the MSc in Economics at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics. Eight students registered at the University of Barcelona will undertake part of their studies abroad in the framework of the Erasmus+ programme. On the other hand, the University of Barcelona will welcome six incoming students, including Erasmus+ and visiting students.
Four of our students will spend part of their studies at the University of Copenhagen (Denmark) and two more at the University of Helsinki (Finland). The Toulouse School of Economics and the Aix-Marseille University (France) will receive one each. At the same time, the UB School of Economics will be welcoming two students from the University of Copenhagen, one from the University of Helsinki and one more from the Aix-Marseille University under an Erasmus+ agreement between our universities. Additionally, two individual applicants will come to the UB School of Economics from the Goethe University Frankfurt (Germany) and the Bocconi University (Italy).
Joan Calzada, Director of the MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics, said that “the possibility of studying a term abroad is a differentiating element of our master: It offers an excellent complement to the education of our students and facilitates the academic and professional collaboration with other master students”
The number of exchange students is expected to rise in the following years as the Erasmus+ agreement signed with the University of Paris-Saclay will be implemented next year. Moreover new agreements with other higher education institutions are expected in the short term.
The MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics offers exchange opportunities with the University of Copenhagen since 2013/14, with the University of Helsinki and the Aix-Marseille University since 2014/15 and with the Toulouse School of Economics since 2015/16. All our partner universities are top-ranked institutions in international league tables, such as the QS World University rankings, the Times Higher Education ranking or the Shanghai Ranking.
In 2017 the Erasmus+ programme is celebrating its 30th anniversary. This platform for European and international mobility brings people from different backgrounds together. Widely recognised as the most successful EU programme, it has enriched the lives of more than nine million direct participants. It provides them with the competences needed to lead independent, fulfilling lives and helps them find their place in our societies and develop a sense of a European identity.
- University of Barcelona announces 77 Erasmus+ grants for teaching staff
- MSc in Economics adds dimension of internationalisation to its accreditation of excellence
- 3rd Catalan Congress of Economy and Business welcomes papers addressing equitable and efficient models
- Two Serra Húnter positions available at the Department of Economics
- Latest MSc in Economics theses available through the UB Digital Repository
- The Barcelona Economics Analysis Team created within the UB School of Economics
- The AQR and IREA welcome papers for the 2017 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics
- UB School of Economics ranked amongst world’s top 200 institutions
- MSc in Economics students will receive their diplomas at a graduation ceremony