14 students to participate in an exchange programme through the MSc in Economics
The next academic year will see 14 students participating in an exchange programme through the MSc in Economics at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics. Eight students registered at the University of Barcelona will undertake part of their studies abroad in the framework of the Erasmus+ programme. On the other hand, the University of Barcelona will welcome six incoming students, including Erasmus+ and visiting students.
Four of our students will spend part of their studies at the University of Copenhagen (Denmark), two more will go the University of Helsinki (Finland) and the Toulouse School of Economics and the Aix-Marseille University (France) will receive one each. At the same time, the UB School of Economics will be welcoming two students from the University of Copenhagen, one from the University of Helsinki and one more from the Aix-Marseille University under an Erasmus+ agreement between our universities. Additionally, two individual applicants will come to the UB School of Economics from the Goethe University Frankfurt (Germany) and the Bocconi University (Italy).
Joan Calzada, Director of the MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics, said that “the possibility of studying a term abroad is a differentiating element of our master: It offers an excellent complement to the education of our students and facilitates the academic and professional collaboration with other master students”
The number of exchange students is expected to rise in the following years as the Erasmus+ agreement signed with the University of Paris-Saclay will be implemented next year. Moreover new agreements with other higher education institutions are expected in the short term.
The MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics offers exchange opportunities with the University of Copenhagen since 2013/14, with the University of Helsinki and the Aix-Marseille University since 2014/15 and with the Toulouse School of Economics since 2015/16. All our partner universities are top-ranked institutions in international league tables, such as the QS World University rankings, the Times Higher Education ranking or the Shanghai Ranking.
In 2017 the Erasmus+ programme is celebrating its 30th anniversary. This platform for European and international mobility brings people from different backgrounds together. Widely recognised as the most successful EU programme, it has enriched the lives of more than nine million direct participants. It provides them with the competences needed to lead independent, fulfilling lives and helps them find their place in our societies and develop a sense of a European identity.
- 14 students to participate in an exchange programme through the MSc in Economics
- "Being part of a growing research group and university is very exciting and inspiring for my career"
- The AQR welcomes papers for the 4th Geography of Innovation Conference
- “There is a big variety of international students in the MSc in Economics which makes the interaction more interesting”
- Last week to apply to UB School of Economics Summer School on Economics of Education
- University of Barcelona continues upward trend in QS World University Rankings
- “Working at the University of Barcelona was one of my wishes when I decided to pursue an academic career”
- One month left to apply to the MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics
- Careers Month at UB School of Economics closes 2017 edition with great success