Applications for graduate programme in Economics to open on November 1st 2017
The UB School of Economics will open for applications for 2018-2019 entry to the graduate programme in Economics on November 1st 2017. The graduate programme comprises a two-year master’s degree in Economics and the PhD in Economics. These can be coursed separately if the student meets the entry requirements. MSc in Economics candidates have time until June 15th 2018 to submit their application. On the other hand, applications for the PhD should be made before the deadline of May 15th 2018. Further details on how to apply can be found on the MSc in Economics and the PhD Economics sections on our website.
The MSc in Economics is a high quality programme designed to extend students’ capabilities in theoretical and empirical techniques needed to analyse real world economic problems. It also provides students with the chance to undertake independent research. The master’s, which is delivered entirely in English, attracts students from around the world. Last academic year it was accredited with Excellence by the Universities Council, which recognises outstanding achievements and performance. The programme also achieved the Additional Dimension of Internationalisation with the maximum score of Quality-level Compliant.
On the other hand, the PhD in Economics offers the opportunity to undertake research in a wide range of fields of economics. The programme is one of only a small number of doctoral programmes in Spain to have received the Quality Award for Research Excellence from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, which acknowledges the quality and impact of the research carried out within the PhD framework.
- David Castells-Quintana and Maria Sánchez Vidal receive prize for outstanding PhD research in Economics
- Four PhD students at the UB School of Economics awarded SEBAP mobility grants
- UB School of Economics at the Futura Master’s and Post-graduate Exhibition 2018
- Two projects led by UB School of Economics researchers awarded RecerCaixa grants
- UB School of Economics researcher Francesc Amat wins fellowship to continue his research at IPERG
- Study co-authored by UB School of Economics researcher finds sizeable gender wage gap across Spanish regions
- University of Barcelona ranked 45th in Europe for Social Sciences and Management
- UB School of Economics hosts the first Kapuscinski Development Lecture at the University of Barcelona
- Big Data for Economics to be addressed by Prof. Arthur Charpentier at 2018 Summer School