Applications for graduate programme in Economics to open on November 1st 2017
The UB School of Economics will open for applications for 2018-2019 entry to the graduate programme in Economics on November 1st 2017. The graduate programme comprises a two-year master’s degree in Economics and the PhD in Economics. These can be coursed separately if the student meets the entry requirements. MSc in Economics candidates have time until June 15th 2018 to submit their application. On the other hand, applications for the PhD should be made before the deadline of May 15th 2018. Further details on how to apply can be found on the MSc in Economics and the PhD Economics sections on our website.
The MSc in Economics is a high quality programme designed to extend students’ capabilities in theoretical and empirical techniques needed to analyse real world economic problems. It also provides students with the chance to undertake independent research. The master’s, which is delivered entirely in English, attracts students from around the world. Last academic year it was accredited with Excellence by the Universities Council, which recognises outstanding achievements and performance. The programme also achieved the Additional Dimension of Internationalisation with the maximum score of Quality-level Compliant.
On the other hand, the PhD in Economics offers the opportunity to undertake research in a wide range of fields of economics. The programme is one of only a small number of doctoral programmes in Spain to have received the Quality Award for Research Excellence from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, which acknowledges the quality and impact of the research carried out within the PhD framework.
- Faculty of Economics and Business invites applications for prospective post-doctoral positions
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms
- University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
- PhD graduates of 2016/17 find placements in academia and industry soon after their thesis defence
- Job Market candidates list for 2017/18 is now available on School of Economics website
- MSc in Economics student Gerard Domènech awarded Masters of Excellence grant from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
- Applications for graduate programme in Economics to open on November 1st 2017
- University of Barcelona improves positions in two important international rankings