Applications for graduate programme in Economics to open on November 1st 2017
The UB School of Economics will open for applications for 2018-2019 entry to the graduate programme in Economics on November 1st 2017. The graduate programme comprises a two-year master’s degree in Economics and the PhD in Economics. These can be coursed separately if the student meets the entry requirements. MSc in Economics candidates have time until June 15th 2018 to submit their application. On the other hand, applications for the PhD should be made before the deadline of May 15th 2018. Further details on how to apply can be found on the MSc in Economics and the PhD Economics sections on our website.
The MSc in Economics is a high quality programme designed to extend students’ capabilities in theoretical and empirical techniques needed to analyse real world economic problems. It also provides students with the chance to undertake independent research. The master’s, which is delivered entirely in English, attracts students from around the world. Last academic year it was accredited with Excellence by the Universities Council, which recognises outstanding achievements and performance. The programme also achieved the Additional Dimension of Internationalisation with the maximum score of Quality-level Compliant.
On the other hand, the PhD in Economics offers the opportunity to undertake research in a wide range of fields of economics. The programme is one of only a small number of doctoral programmes in Spain to have received the Quality Award for Research Excellence from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport, which acknowledges the quality and impact of the research carried out within the PhD framework.
- Call for papers for the 3rd Meeting on Transport Economics and Infrastructure is now open
- “Most of the research can’t be done by universities because we can’t access the data”
- AQR-IREA invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2018 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics
- UB School of Economics research shows that high trade costs have historically hindered inter-regional trade in South America
- Faculty of Economics and Business ranked among the world’s top 3% economic institutions
- UB School of Economics researchers receive best paper award for their research on semi-autonomous vehicle insurance at 31st International Congress of Actuaries
- UB School of Economics to host the XXXIII Jornadas de Economía Industrial in September
- Four Teaching Assistant scholarships available for new MSc and PhD students in Economics
- Open call for papers for the IX Workshop on Economics of Education