The AQR and IREA welcome papers for the 2017 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics
The Regional Quantitative Analysis Group (AQR) and the Institute for Research on Applied Regional and Public Economics (IREA) at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics are welcoming papers for the 2017 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics. The workshop, which will focus on causal inference in spatial economics, will be held in Barcelona on November 23th-24th, 2017.
The 2017 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics aims to bring together researchers in regional and urban economics who are working on the development of methods that allow estimating causal effects of phenomena in which the spatial component plays a prominent role, as well as empirical exercises in which spatial causal inference is provided.
Papers in all areas are welcome, as long as they include a spatial perspective and deal with the issue of causality. Although the Workshop will focus on empirical papers, theoretical studies are also welcome. Extended abstracts or incomplete drafts will also be considered, but full papers will be favoured.
Deadline: September 15th, 2017. More information HERE.
- UB School of Economics highlights of 2017: Recap of a great year!
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 5th Workshop on Urban Economics
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms
- University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
- PhD graduates of 2016/17 find placements in academia and industry soon after their thesis defence
- Job Market candidates list for 2017/18 is now available on School of Economics website
- MSc in Economics student Gerard Domènech awarded Masters of Excellence grant from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation