The AQR and IREA welcome papers for the 2017 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics
The Regional Quantitative Analysis Group (AQR) and the Institute for Research on Applied Regional and Public Economics (IREA) at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics are welcoming papers for the 2017 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics. The workshop, which will focus on causal inference in spatial economics, will be held in Barcelona on November 23th-24th, 2017.
The 2017 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics aims to bring together researchers in regional and urban economics who are working on the development of methods that allow estimating causal effects of phenomena in which the spatial component plays a prominent role, as well as empirical exercises in which spatial causal inference is provided.
Papers in all areas are welcome, as long as they include a spatial perspective and deal with the issue of causality. Although the Workshop will focus on empirical papers, theoretical studies are also welcome. Extended abstracts or incomplete drafts will also be considered, but full papers will be favoured.
Deadline: September 15th, 2017. More information HERE.
- UB School of Economics at the Futura Master’s and Post-graduate Exhibition 2018
- Two projects led by UB School of Economics researchers awarded RecerCaixa grants
- UB School of Economics researcher Francesc Amat wins fellowship to continue his research at IPERG
- Study co-authored by UB School of Economics researcher finds sizeable gender wage gap across Spanish regions
- University of Barcelona ranked 45th in Europe for Social Sciences and Management
- UB School of Economics hosts the first Kapuscinski Development Lecture at the University of Barcelona
- Big Data for Economics to be addressed by Prof. Arthur Charpentier at 2018 Summer School
- Submit your application for postgraduate study at the UB School of Economics
- UB School of Economics researchers confirm large inequalities in carbon mobility emissions in Barcelona