Call for papers open for the VIII Workshop on Economics of Education at the University of Barcelona
The Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) invites the submission of papers for the VIII Workshop on Economics of Education taking place at the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Barcelona on September 7th– 8th, 2017. The objective of this forum is to establish and share the theoretical and methodological knowledge frontier of economics of education, but also to have access to a diversity of applied studies in which different methodologies are used.
Topics of interests include policy evaluation, disabilities, lifelong learning, PISA, PIRLS, TIMSS, PIAAC, scholarships and loans, education inequalities, gender, training, school autonomy, university financing, benefits of education, competence acquisition, skills formation, teacher’s quality and university access. Only papers presented in PDF format and no longer than 30 pages will be considered.
Deadline: June 12th, 2017. More information HERE.
- University of Barcelona improves positions in two important international rankings
- Four TA scholarships awarded to MSc and PhD students in Economics for their outstanding records
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie ITN Actions proposal-writing workshop at the Faculty of Economics and Business
- Chair of Energy Sustainability to conduct research on energy efficiency in collaboration with Catalan Energy Institute
- Newly created research institute BEAT to hold launch event on October 25th
- PhD student Mariona Mas awarded funding for doctoral research on behavioural responses to wealth taxation
- UB School of Economics to host workshop on historical political economy and gender politics
- Meet the MSc in Economics fresher class of 2017/18
- Faculty of Economics and Business announces five new Job Market hires