Careers Month at UB School of Economics closes 2017 edition with great success
The 2017 edition of the Careers Month at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics closed last Wednesday with great success. Four workshops and four panel discussions were held during the month of May to boost the career prospects of graduate students in Economics and Business.
Sessions featured as many as fifteen different guest speakers, which gave us different insights on various career paths for students and job search techniques. Workshops covered communication, CV, LinkedIn and job search strategies. On the other hand, panel discussions explored job opportunities in sectors such as consulting, Big Data, financial markets and the public sector.
These career guidance sessions, organised by the Career Services at the Faculty of Economics and Business in conjunction with the UB School of Economics, have been offered since the 2015-2016 academic year.
Raquel Villero Pi, director of the Career Services, said that “through the activities organised during the Careers Month we have been able not only to meet great, very interesting professionals, but also to explore what they do in their daily jobs, being able to understand the real implications of the careers that our students in economics can choose. We are very grateful with the organisations and professionals that have devoted their time to share experiences with us”.
“I found really interesting and useful the Career Month organised by the Career Services. We have learnt from career experts how to enhance ourselves in the job market and we have seen all the job opportunities waiting for us outside the academic world”, said Pere Antoni Taberner, MSc in Economics student representative.
A complete overview of the 2017 Careers Month programme is available on the UB School of Economics website for your information.
- UB School of Economics to co-host conference on population economics in 2021
- New research shows that increase the safety is key to avoid elderly drivers accidents
- 8 researchers join the UB School of Economics in 2020
- Applications now open for the Master and PhD in Economics
- Two new three-year postdoctoral opportunities at the UB School of Economics
- Yolanda Blasco-Martel awarded the XVI Premi Catalunya d'Economia 2019
- A closer look at the MSc in Economics class of 2022
- New edition of the 'UB's science cafés'
- Job Market Candidates list for 2020/21 now available