Careers Month at UB School of Economics closes 2017 edition with great success
The 2017 edition of the Careers Month at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics closed last Wednesday with great success. Four workshops and four panel discussions were held during the month of May to boost the career prospects of graduate students in Economics and Business.
Sessions featured as many as fifteen different guest speakers, which gave us different insights on various career paths for students and job search techniques. Workshops covered communication, CV, LinkedIn and job search strategies. On the other hand, panel discussions explored job opportunities in sectors such as consulting, Big Data, financial markets and the public sector.
These career guidance sessions, organised by the Career Services at the Faculty of Economics and Business in conjunction with the UB School of Economics, have been offered since the 2015-2016 academic year.
Raquel Villero Pi, director of the Career Services, said that “through the activities organised during the Careers Month we have been able not only to meet great, very interesting professionals, but also to explore what they do in their daily jobs, being able to understand the real implications of the careers that our students in economics can choose. We are very grateful with the organisations and professionals that have devoted their time to share experiences with us”.
“I found really interesting and useful the Career Month organised by the Career Services. We have learnt from career experts how to enhance ourselves in the job market and we have seen all the job opportunities waiting for us outside the academic world”, said Pere Antoni Taberner, MSc in Economics student representative.
A complete overview of the 2017 Careers Month programme is available on the UB School of Economics website for your information.
- Former UB School of Economics researcher Marta Curto awarded prize for Best Journal Article
- Faculty of Economics and Business at the UB invites applications for four Post-Doctoral positions
- Two Post-Doctoral fellowships available at the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group at the UB
- Job Market candidates list for 2018/19 now available on UB School of Economics website
- “It is crucial to have time and resources to engage with an ambitious research agenda”
- MSc students turn their research for a master course into a peer-reviewed journal article
- Applications for the graduate programme in Economics due to open on November 1st 2018
- Joan Tugores named 2018 Member of Merit by the Association of Economists of Catalonia
- MSc in Economics Student Cristian Navarro Serrano awarded “Masters of Excellence” scholarship from Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera