Careers Month at UB School of Economics closes 2017 edition with great success
The 2017 edition of the Careers Month at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics closed last Wednesday with great success. Four workshops and four panel discussions were held during the month of May to boost the career prospects of graduate students in Economics and Business.
Sessions featured as many as fifteen different guest speakers, which gave us different insights on various career paths for students and job search techniques. Workshops covered communication, CV, LinkedIn and job search strategies. On the other hand, panel discussions explored job opportunities in sectors such as consulting, Big Data, financial markets and the public sector.
These career guidance sessions, organised by the Career Services at the Faculty of Economics and Business in conjunction with the UB School of Economics, have been offered since the 2015-2016 academic year.
Raquel Villero Pi, director of the Career Services, said that “through the activities organised during the Careers Month we have been able not only to meet great, very interesting professionals, but also to explore what they do in their daily jobs, being able to understand the real implications of the careers that our students in economics can choose. We are very grateful with the organisations and professionals that have devoted their time to share experiences with us”.
“I found really interesting and useful the Career Month organised by the Career Services. We have learnt from career experts how to enhance ourselves in the job market and we have seen all the job opportunities waiting for us outside the academic world”, said Pere Antoni Taberner, MSc in Economics student representative.
A complete overview of the 2017 Careers Month programme is available on the UB School of Economics website for your information.
- PhD graduates Valeria Bernardo and Ilias Pasidis awarded extraordinary doctoral prize
- Four UB School of Economics PhD students awarded SEBAP mobility grants
- UB School of Economics participates in the master’s and postgraduate fair Saló Futura
- Department of Economics is hiring an Assistant Professor in the field of Public Economics
- The IEB offers scholarships for new PhD students at the UB School of Economics
- Faculty of Economics and Business at the UB ranked one of the best for Social Sciences & Management
- Montserrat Guillén and Alfonso Herranz win two ICREA Academia Awards
- Summer School will unravel the effects of market rivalry on growth with Duke and Barcelona professors
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 8th Workshops on Public Economics and Political Economy