Chair of Energy Sustainability to conduct research on energy efficiency in collaboration with Catalan Energy Institute
The Energy Sustainability Chair at the Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) and the Catalan Energy Institute (ICAEN) have signed a collaboration agreement to conduct the research project “The challenge of climate change: Policies for the energy transition”, funded under the RecerCaixa programme of “La Caixa” Foundation. The project will study the barriers that companies need to overcome in order to take action to improve energy efficiency.
For the duration of the project ICAEN will cooperate with UB School of Economics researchers and will provide the data needed to analyse technical issues. Head of ICAEN’s planning and studies division Joan Esteve and IEB researcher and Director of the Research Group in Innovation José García-Quevedo will coordinate all joint activities. The agreement will stay in force throughout the project, which will have a maximum duration of four years.
- Joan Tugores named 2018 Member of Merit by the Association of Economists of Catalonia
- MSc in Economics Student Cristian Navarro Serrano awarded “Masters of Excellence” scholarship from Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera
- A closer look at the MSc in Economics class of 2020
- Call for papers announced for IEB-Chair of Energy Sustainability VII International Academic Symposium
- UB School of Economics launches new student ambassadors programme
- Summer School on Big Data for Economics gathers 32 participants from 14 countries
- MSc in Economics graduates celebrate their academic achievements at the graduation ceremony
- Call for papers for the 3rd Meeting on Transport Economics and Infrastructure is now open
- “Most of the research can’t be done by universities because we can’t access the data”