Chair of Energy Sustainability to conduct research on energy efficiency in collaboration with Catalan Energy Institute
The Energy Sustainability Chair at the Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) and the Catalan Energy Institute (ICAEN) have signed a collaboration agreement to conduct the research project “The challenge of climate change: Policies for the energy transition”, funded under the RecerCaixa programme of “La Caixa” Foundation. The project will study the barriers that companies need to overcome in order to take action to improve energy efficiency.
For the duration of the project ICAEN will cooperate with UB School of Economics researchers and will provide the data needed to analyse technical issues. Head of ICAEN’s planning and studies division Joan Esteve and IEB researcher and Director of the Research Group in Innovation José García-Quevedo will coordinate all joint activities. The agreement will stay in force throughout the project, which will have a maximum duration of four years.
- Faculty of Economics and Business invites applications for prospective post-doctoral positions
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms
- University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
- PhD graduates of 2016/17 find placements in academia and industry soon after their thesis defence
- Job Market candidates list for 2017/18 is now available on School of Economics website
- MSc in Economics student Gerard Domènech awarded Masters of Excellence grant from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
- Applications for graduate programme in Economics to open on November 1st 2017
- University of Barcelona improves positions in two important international rankings