Chair of Energy Sustainability to conduct research on energy efficiency in collaboration with Catalan Energy Institute
The Energy Sustainability Chair at the Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) and the Catalan Energy Institute (ICAEN) have signed a collaboration agreement to conduct the research project “The challenge of climate change: Policies for the energy transition”, funded under the RecerCaixa programme of “La Caixa” Foundation. The project will study the barriers that companies need to overcome in order to take action to improve energy efficiency.
For the duration of the project ICAEN will cooperate with UB School of Economics researchers and will provide the data needed to analyse technical issues. Head of ICAEN’s planning and studies division Joan Esteve and IEB researcher and Director of the Research Group in Innovation José García-Quevedo will coordinate all joint activities. The agreement will stay in force throughout the project, which will have a maximum duration of four years.
- Call for papers for the 3rd Meeting on Transport Economics and Infrastructure is now open
- “Most of the research can’t be done by universities because we can’t access the data”
- AQR-IREA invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2018 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics
- UB School of Economics research shows that high trade costs have historically hindered inter-regional trade in South America
- Faculty of Economics and Business ranked among the world’s top 3% economic institutions
- UB School of Economics researchers receive best paper award for their research on semi-autonomous vehicle insurance at 31st International Congress of Actuaries
- UB School of Economics to host the XXXIII Jornadas de Economía Industrial in September
- Four Teaching Assistant scholarships available for new MSc and PhD students in Economics
- Open call for papers for the IX Workshop on Economics of Education