Chair of Energy Sustainability to conduct research on energy efficiency in collaboration with Catalan Energy Institute
The Energy Sustainability Chair at the Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB) and the Catalan Energy Institute (ICAEN) have signed a collaboration agreement to conduct the research project “The challenge of climate change: Policies for the energy transition”, funded under the RecerCaixa programme of “La Caixa” Foundation. The project will study the barriers that companies need to overcome in order to take action to improve energy efficiency.
For the duration of the project ICAEN will cooperate with UB School of Economics researchers and will provide the data needed to analyse technical issues. Head of ICAEN’s planning and studies division Joan Esteve and IEB researcher and Director of the Research Group in Innovation José García-Quevedo will coordinate all joint activities. The agreement will stay in force throughout the project, which will have a maximum duration of four years.
- David Castells-Quintana and Maria Sánchez Vidal receive prize for outstanding PhD research in Economics
- Four PhD students at the UB School of Economics awarded SEBAP mobility grants
- UB School of Economics at the Futura Master’s and Post-graduate Exhibition 2018
- Two projects led by UB School of Economics researchers awarded RecerCaixa grants
- UB School of Economics researcher Francesc Amat wins fellowship to continue his research at IPERG
- Study co-authored by UB School of Economics researcher finds sizeable gender wage gap across Spanish regions
- University of Barcelona ranked 45th in Europe for Social Sciences and Management
- UB School of Economics hosts the first Kapuscinski Development Lecture at the University of Barcelona
- Big Data for Economics to be addressed by Prof. Arthur Charpentier at 2018 Summer School