Faculty of Economics and Business announces five new Job Market hires
The Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona is pleased to welcome five new Job Market hires in 2017/18: Julia de Frutos, Jordi Teixidó, Guillaume Chapelle, David Rivero Leiva and Martí Sagarra.
Julia de Frutos has joined the Department of Economic, Financial and Actuarial Mathematics as a guest professor. She was previously a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Agricultural Economics at Ghent University. Her research interests span Environmental Economics, Game Theory and Control Theory. She received her PhD from the University of Montpellier I in 2014.
The Department of Econometrics, Statistics and Applied Economics has welcomed Jordi Teixidó, who has been a postdoctoral Max Weber fellow at European University Institute in Florence since 2015. Jordi holds a PhD in Economics from the Rovira i Virgili University and his research interests lie at the intersection between climate policy, inequality economics and environmental economics.
After receiving his PhD in Economics from Sciences Po in 2017, Guillaume Chapelle is now a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Economics and the Barcelona Institute of Economics (IEB). He has been a research economist at Sciences Po’s Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Evaluation of Public Policies (LIEPP). His research interests span urban and housing economics, political economy, taxation and public policy evaluation.
David Rivero Leiva has joined the Department of Business. He received his PhD from the Autonomous University of Barcelona in 2017 and his research spans Banking and Finance. He has been a Research Assistant at the Barcelona Graduate School of Economics since 2015 until now.
Finally, Martí Sagarra has also started working in the Department of Business. Sagarra holds a PhD in Economics, Management and Organisation from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. He has held several academic positions, including lecturer at the Autonomous University of Barcelona and researcher and lecturer at the University of Girona, among others.
Since 2011, 32 postdoctoral researchers have joined the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona. The promotion of an international and open recruitment policy is one of its main objectives. With this, the centre aims to attract the best junior researchers and improve its research and academic standards.
- Call for papers announced for IEB-Chair of Energy Sustainability VII International Academic Symposium
- UB School of Economics launches new student ambassadors programme
- Summer School on Big Data for Economics gathers 32 participants from 14 countries
- MSc in Economics graduates celebrate their academic achievements at the graduation ceremony
- Call for papers for the 3rd Meeting on Transport Economics and Infrastructure is now open
- “Most of the research can’t be done by universities because we can’t access the data”
- AQR-IREA invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2018 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics
- UB School of Economics research shows that high trade costs have historically hindered inter-regional trade in South America
- Faculty of Economics and Business ranked among the world’s top 3% economic institutions