Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona ranks among the best schools for economics
The Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona has been ranked among the world’s best schools for Economics according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017. The centre to which the UB School of Economics belongs has been ranked the 135th best school that specialises in Social Sciences and Management in the world. This puts our institution 54th in Europe.
The Faculty of Economics and Business also features in rankings for its excellence in specific subjects, such as Economics & Econometrics, Accounting & Finance and Statistics & Operational Research. In the last case, the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona is the only Spanish higher education institution among the top 100 in the world, after having jumped from the 101-150 to the 51-100 band in one year.
Regarding Economics & Econometrics and Accounting & Finance, the University of Barcelona has maintained its ranking among the world’s top 150 higher educations centres. This puts the Faculty of Economics and Business among the top five schools for Economics & Econometrics and the top three schools for Accounting & Finance in Spain.
The QS World University Rankings by Subject ranks the world’s top universities in individual subject areas. Each of the subject rankings is compiled using four sources. The first two are global surveys of academics and employers. The second two indicators assess research impact, based on research citations sourced from Elsevier’s Scopus database. These four components are combined to produce the results for each of the subject rankings.
- Careers Month at UB School of Economics closes 2017 edition with great success
- The University of Barcelona climbs eight places in the Leiden Ranking for Social Sciences
- Last round of applications to the PhD in Economics is now open and accepting submissions until June 15th
- IEB offers scholarships to students entering the PhD programme in Economics in 2017
- AQR welcomes proposals for special sessions for Geography of Innovation Conference in Barcelona
- Funding available for new students joining the MSc in Economics through two teaching assistantships
- “Working at the University of Barcelona was one of my wishes when I decided to pursue an academic career”
- Deadline for Milan-Barcelona 2017 Summer School on “Attractive Cities” approaching
- The Faculty of Economics and Business to welcome 200 researchers for the ITEA Annual Conference and School on Transportation Economics