Faculty of Economics and Business at the UB invites applications for four Post-Doctoral positions
The Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona invites applications for four three-year Post-Doctoral positions starting in 2019.
The Department of Econometrics, Statistics and Applied Economics (Section of Public Policy) will recruit a Post-Doctoral researcher with a focus on Public Economics and Public Policy. The Department of Economics (Section of Economic Theory) will add to the team a Post-Doctoral researcher with a focus on Macroeconomics, International Trade and Economic Growth. The Departament of Business and the Departament of Sociology will also fill one Post-Doctorat position each
Successful applicants will be expected to teach in English at undergraduate and postgraduate level, to develop independent research programmes achieving international recognition, and to get involved in the Department and Faculty’s research activities. Candidates are also expected to show outstanding commitment to research and must have obtained a PhD when taking up the position.
Applications for the two Post-Doctoral positions in Economics should be submitted via the EconJobMarket website and must include a CV, three letters of recommendation and a copy of the Job Market Paper, as well as any other relevant research output. Interviews will be conducted at the EEA Job Market Meeting in Naples (Italy) on December 6th-7th 2018 and the 43rd Simposio of the Spanish Economic Association-SAEe to be held in Madrid (Spain) on December 13th-15th 2018. Nonetheless, other arrangements may be possible for short-listed candidates who do not plan to attend these meetings. The deadline for applications is December 2nd, 2018. However, those candidates interested in being interviewed at the EEA Job Market Meeting in Naples must submit their applications no later than November 25th, 2018.
Details about the application procedure for the open positions at the Department of Business and the Department of Sociology will follow.
The University of Barcelona is a leading centre in southern Europe, with a strong commitment to excellence in research. It enjoys a long tradition of teaching, offering both undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in the field of Economics and Business. In this framework, the UB School of Economics provides an important platform for research and graduate education in Economics, as it encompasses the Master’s and the Doctoral programme in Economics, which are entirely taught in English.
More information HERE.
- School of Economics research warns Spanish pension system reform could have worsened pensioner’s economic position
- New research finds negative impact of temporary work liberalisation on earnings and employment in Spain
- UB School of Economics researchers recognised with Lluís Fina Prize and Luis Toharia Grant at 13th Labour Economics Meeting
- PhD graduate Valeria Bernardo awarded Funcas prize for best dissertation in social sciences
- Game Theory research explained simply and clearly at a new exhibition at the University of Barcelona
- UB School of Economics researcher Lluís Bermúdez awarded 12th Ferran Armengol i Tubau Prize
- Extensive involvement of UB School of Economics researchers in the Catalan Economic Society Conference
- Germà Bel: “Barcelona is a clear candidate to implement congestion charging to cut the number of vehicles driving into the city center”
- School of Economics research suggests that the paternity leave reform in Spain may have discouraged subsequent fertility