Faculty of Economics and Business at the UB invites applications for four Post-Doctoral positions
The Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona invites applications for four three-year Post-Doctoral positions starting in 2019.
The Department of Econometrics, Statistics and Applied Economics (Section of Public Policy) will recruit a Post-Doctoral researcher with a focus on Public Economics and Public Policy. The Department of Economics (Section of Economic Theory) will add to the team a Post-Doctoral researcher with a focus on Macroeconomics, International Trade and Economic Growth. The Departament of Business and the Departament of Sociology will also fill one Post-Doctorat position each
Successful applicants will be expected to teach in English at undergraduate and postgraduate level, to develop independent research programmes achieving international recognition, and to get involved in the Department and Faculty’s research activities. Candidates are also expected to show outstanding commitment to research and must have obtained a PhD when taking up the position.
Applications for the two Post-Doctoral positions in Economics should be submitted via the EconJobMarket website and must include a CV, three letters of recommendation and a copy of the Job Market Paper, as well as any other relevant research output. Interviews will be conducted at the EEA Job Market Meeting in Naples (Italy) on December 6th-7th 2018 and the 43rd Simposio of the Spanish Economic Association-SAEe to be held in Madrid (Spain) on December 13th-15th 2018. Nonetheless, other arrangements may be possible for short-listed candidates who do not plan to attend these meetings. The deadline for applications is December 2nd, 2018. However, those candidates interested in being interviewed at the EEA Job Market Meeting in Naples must submit their applications no later than November 25th, 2018.
Details about the application procedure for the open positions at the Department of Business and the Department of Sociology will follow.
The University of Barcelona is a leading centre in southern Europe, with a strong commitment to excellence in research. It enjoys a long tradition of teaching, offering both undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes in the field of Economics and Business. In this framework, the UB School of Economics provides an important platform for research and graduate education in Economics, as it encompasses the Master’s and the Doctoral programme in Economics, which are entirely taught in English.
More information HERE.
- Department of Economics is hiring an Assistant Professor in the field of Public Economics
- The IEB offers scholarships for new PhD students at the UB School of Economics
- Faculty of Economics and Business at the UB ranked one of the best for Social Sciences & Management
- Montserrat Guillén and Alfonso Herranz win two ICREA Academia Awards
- Summer School will unravel the effects of market rivalry on growth with Duke and Barcelona professors
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 8th Workshops on Public Economics and Political Economy
- MSc in Economics to offer Erasmus+ exchange opportunities with the Kyoto University from 2019/20
- Job market candidates from 2017/18 hold academic and research positions at institutions in Europe and America
- Former UB School of Economics researcher Marta Curto awarded prize for Best Journal Article