Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona ranks among the best schools for Economics
The Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona has been ranked among the world’s best schools for Economics according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017. The centre to which the UB School of Economics belongs has been ranked the 135th best school that specialises in Social Sciences and Management in the world. This puts our institution 54th in Europe.
The Faculty of Economics and Business also features in rankings for its excellence in specific subjects, such as Economics & Econometrics, Accounting & Finance and Statistics & Operational Research. In the last case, the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona is the only Spanish higher education institution among the top 100 in the world, after having jumped from the 101-150 to the 51-100 band in one year.
Regarding Economics & Econometrics and Accounting & Finance, the University of Barcelona has maintained its ranking among the world’s top 150 higher educations centres. This puts the Faculty of Economics and Business among the top five schools for Economics & Econometrics and the top three schools for Accounting & Finance in Spain.
The QS World University Rankings by Subject ranks the world’s top universities in individual subject areas. Each of the subject rankings is compiled using four sources. The first two are global surveys of academics and employers. The second two indicators assess research impact, based on research citations sourced from Elsevier’s Scopus database. These four components are combined to produce the results for each of the subject rankings.
- University of Barcelona improves positions in two important international rankings
- Four TA scholarships awarded to MSc and PhD students in Economics for their outstanding records
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie ITN Actions proposal-writing workshop at the Faculty of Economics and Business
- Chair of Energy Sustainability to conduct research on energy efficiency in collaboration with Catalan Energy Institute
- Newly created research institute BEAT to hold launch event on October 25th
- PhD student Mariona Mas awarded funding for doctoral research on behavioural responses to wealth taxation
- UB School of Economics to host workshop on historical political economy and gender politics
- Meet the MSc in Economics fresher class of 2017/18
- Faculty of Economics and Business announces five new Job Market hires