Former UB School of Economics researcher Marta Curto awarded prize for Best Journal Article
PhD graduate in Economics and former researcher at UB School of Economics Marta Curto has been awarded the José Manuel Blecua Prize for the best article published in a recognised journal in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences. Curto, who is a former Marie Curie Fellow at the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group (IPERG) at the University of Barcelona, has won the prize for her article “Does electoral competition curb party favoritism”, published in American Economics Journal: Applied Economics.
The José Manuel Blecua Prize is awarded by the Social Council of the University of Barcelona to the best journal article emanating from a PhD thesis defended at the University of Barcelona in the last five years in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences. The main goal of this award is to promote the doctoral studies at the UB, highlight the quality of research, disseminate R&D projects and strengthening links between the university and PhD graduates.
The UB regards PhD programmes as one of its most important assets. These degrees contribute both to improving knowledge about the reality that surrounds us, initiating and promoting high quality research, and social transfer of knowledge.
The Award Ceremony of the Social Council of the University of Barcelona and the Bosch i Gimpera Foundation will take place on December 12th 2018 at the Aula Magna of the History Building of the UB. The Ramon Marfalef Prize for the best journal article in the field of Experimental Sciences and Health, two Antoni Caparrós Prizes for the best projects of knowledge transfer, and the Senén Vilaró Prize for the best innovative company will also be awarded on that day.
- UB School of Economics participates in the master’s and postgraduate fair Saló Futura
- Department of Economics is hiring an Assistant Professor in the field of Public Economics
- The IEB offers scholarships for new PhD students at the UB School of Economics
- Faculty of Economics and Business at the UB ranked one of the best for Social Sciences & Management
- Montserrat Guillén and Alfonso Herranz win two ICREA Academia Awards
- Summer School will unravel the effects of market rivalry on growth with Duke and Barcelona professors
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 8th Workshops on Public Economics and Political Economy
- MSc in Economics to offer Erasmus+ exchange opportunities with the Kyoto University from 2019/20
- Job market candidates from 2017/18 hold academic and research positions at institutions in Europe and America