Four TA scholarships awarded to MSc and PhD students in Economics for their outstanding records
The Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics has awarded four TA (Teaching Assistant) scholarships to postgraduate students in Economics for their outstanding academic records. As every year, two teaching assistantships have been granted to students joining the PhD programme and two more to new master’s students. Successful candidates will perform teaching support activities at undergraduate or graduate level during this academic year.
Edison Javier Jiménez López and Stefano Fusaro have been awarded the two TA scholarships aimed at PhD students. Edison Javier Jiménez López joins our doctoral programme from the Autonomous University of Baja California, where he obtained an MSc in Economics. On the other hand, Stefano Fusaro studied the MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics and then decided to move onto the PhD.
The two remaining scholarships were awarded to MSc in Economics students Vayana Skabrin and Miguel Díez Muñoz, who did their undergraduate degree in Economics at the Economics University of Nottingham and the University of Barcelona respectively.
Candidates were be assessed according to their academic career and performance as well as their motivation and interests. With these teaching assistantships, the UB School of Economics wants to facilitate and increase the participation of the finest students in the master’s and doctoral programme. These scholarships also promote training in certain fields of Economics and get grantees involved in the improvement of teaching.
- Call for papers announced for IEB-Chair of Energy Sustainability VII International Academic Symposium
- UB School of Economics launches new student ambassadors programme
- Summer School on Big Data for Economics gathers 32 participants from 14 countries
- MSc in Economics graduates celebrate their academic achievements at the graduation ceremony
- Call for papers for the 3rd Meeting on Transport Economics and Infrastructure is now open
- “Most of the research can’t be done by universities because we can’t access the data”
- AQR-IREA invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2018 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics
- UB School of Economics research shows that high trade costs have historically hindered inter-regional trade in South America
- Faculty of Economics and Business ranked among the world’s top 3% economic institutions