Four TA scholarships awarded to MSc and PhD students in Economics for their outstanding records
The Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics has awarded four TA (Teaching Assistant) scholarships to postgraduate students in Economics for their outstanding academic records. As every year, two teaching assistantships have been granted to students joining the PhD programme and two more to new master’s students. Successful candidates will perform teaching support activities at undergraduate or graduate level during this academic year.
Edison Javier Jiménez López and Stefano Fusaro have been awarded the two TA scholarships aimed at PhD students. Edison Javier Jiménez López joins our doctoral programme from the Autonomous University of Baja California, where he obtained an MSc in Economics. On the other hand, Stefano Fusaro studied the MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics and then decided to move onto the PhD.
The two remaining scholarships were awarded to MSc in Economics students Vayana Skabrin and Miguel Díez Muñoz, who did their undergraduate degree in Economics at the Economics University of Nottingham and the University of Barcelona respectively.
Candidates were be assessed according to their academic career and performance as well as their motivation and interests. With these teaching assistantships, the UB School of Economics wants to facilitate and increase the participation of the finest students in the master’s and doctoral programme. These scholarships also promote training in certain fields of Economics and get grantees involved in the improvement of teaching.
- Faculty of Economics and Business ranked among the world’s top 3% economic institutions
- UB School of Economics researchers receive best paper award for their research on semi-autonomous vehicle insurance at 31st International Congress of Actuaries
- UB School of Economics to host the XXXIII Jornadas de Economía Industrial in September
- Four Teaching Assistant scholarships available for new MSc and PhD students in Economics
- Open call for papers for the IX Workshop on Economics of Education
- UB School of Economics research shows that bilingualism at school increases the returns to schooling
- XXXIII Jornadas de Economía Industrial invites the submission of papers
- David Castells-Quintana and Maria Sánchez Vidal receive prize for outstanding PhD research in Economics
- Four PhD students at the UB School of Economics awarded SEBAP mobility grants