Four TA scholarships awarded to MSc and PhD students in Economics for their outstanding records
The Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics has awarded four TA (Teaching Assistant) scholarships to postgraduate students in Economics for their outstanding academic records. As every year, two teaching assistantships have been granted to students joining the PhD programme and two more to new master’s students. Successful candidates will perform teaching support activities at undergraduate or graduate level during this academic year.
Edison Javier Jiménez López and Stefano Fusaro have been awarded the two TA scholarships aimed at PhD students. Edison Javier Jiménez López joins our doctoral programme from the Autonomous University of Baja California, where he obtained an MSc in Economics. On the other hand, Stefano Fusaro studied the MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics and then decided to move onto the PhD.
The two remaining scholarships were awarded to MSc in Economics students Vayana Skabrin and Miguel Díez Muñoz, who did their undergraduate degree in Economics at the Economics University of Nottingham and the University of Barcelona respectively.
Candidates were be assessed according to their academic career and performance as well as their motivation and interests. With these teaching assistantships, the UB School of Economics wants to facilitate and increase the participation of the finest students in the master’s and doctoral programme. These scholarships also promote training in certain fields of Economics and get grantees involved in the improvement of teaching.
- Former UB School of Economics researcher Marta Curto awarded prize for Best Journal Article
- Faculty of Economics and Business at the UB invites applications for four Post-Doctoral positions
- Two Post-Doctoral fellowships available at the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group at the UB
- Job Market candidates list for 2018/19 now available on UB School of Economics website
- “It is crucial to have time and resources to engage with an ambitious research agenda”
- MSc students turn their research for a master course into a peer-reviewed journal article
- Applications for the graduate programme in Economics due to open on November 1st 2018
- Joan Tugores named 2018 Member of Merit by the Association of Economists of Catalonia
- MSc in Economics Student Cristian Navarro Serrano awarded “Masters of Excellence” scholarship from Fundació Catalunya-La Pedrera