Four TA scholarships awarded to MSc and PhD students in Economics for their outstanding records
The Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics has awarded four TA (Teaching Assistant) scholarships to postgraduate students in Economics for their outstanding academic records. As every year, two teaching assistantships have been granted to students joining the PhD programme and two more to new master’s students. Successful candidates will perform teaching support activities at undergraduate or graduate level during this academic year.
Edison Javier Jiménez López and Stefano Fusaro have been awarded the two TA scholarships aimed at PhD students. Edison Javier Jiménez López joins our doctoral programme from the Autonomous University of Baja California, where he obtained an MSc in Economics. On the other hand, Stefano Fusaro studied the MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics and then decided to move onto the PhD.
The two remaining scholarships were awarded to MSc in Economics students Vayana Skabrin and Miguel Díez Muñoz, who did their undergraduate degree in Economics at the Economics University of Nottingham and the University of Barcelona respectively.
Candidates were be assessed according to their academic career and performance as well as their motivation and interests. With these teaching assistantships, the UB School of Economics wants to facilitate and increase the participation of the finest students in the master’s and doctoral programme. These scholarships also promote training in certain fields of Economics and get grantees involved in the improvement of teaching.
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms
- University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
- PhD graduates of 2016/17 find placements in academia and industry soon after their thesis defence
- Job Market candidates list for 2017/18 is now available on School of Economics website
- MSc in Economics student Gerard Domènech awarded Masters of Excellence grant from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
- Applications for graduate programme in Economics to open on November 1st 2017
- University of Barcelona improves positions in two important international rankings