Four TA scholarships awarded to MSc and PhD students in Economics for their outstanding records
The Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics has awarded four TA (Teaching Assistant) scholarships to postgraduate students in Economics for their outstanding academic records. As every year, two teaching assistantships have been granted to students joining the PhD programme and two more to new master’s students. Successful candidates will perform teaching support activities at undergraduate or graduate level during this academic year.
Edison Javier Jiménez López and Stefano Fusaro have been awarded the two TA scholarships aimed at PhD students. Edison Javier Jiménez López joins our doctoral programme from the Autonomous University of Baja California, where he obtained an MSc in Economics. On the other hand, Stefano Fusaro studied the MSc in Economics at the UB School of Economics and then decided to move onto the PhD.
The two remaining scholarships were awarded to MSc in Economics students Vayana Skabrin and Miguel Díez Muñoz, who did their undergraduate degree in Economics at the Economics University of Nottingham and the University of Barcelona respectively.
Candidates were be assessed according to their academic career and performance as well as their motivation and interests. With these teaching assistantships, the UB School of Economics wants to facilitate and increase the participation of the finest students in the master’s and doctoral programme. These scholarships also promote training in certain fields of Economics and get grantees involved in the improvement of teaching.
- Big Data for Economics to be addressed by Prof. Arthur Charpentier at 2018 Summer School
- Submit your application for postgraduate study at the UB School of Economics
- UB School of Economics researchers confirm large inequalities in carbon mobility emissions in Barcelona
- 4th Geography of Innovation Conference to gather over 300 participants in Barcelona
- UB School of Economics highlights of 2017: Recap of a great year!
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 5th Workshop on Urban Economics
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms