Joan Tugores named 2018 Member of Merit by the Association of Economists of Catalonia
Professor at the University of Barcelona and researcher at the UB School of Economics Joan Tugores has been named 2018 Member of Merit by the Association of Economists of Catalonia for his extensive curriculum and his contributions to the field of economics, with particular attention to the study of globalisation and the economic crisis. The association also highlights his close follow up of the macro and micro economic situation with regular publications in general and specialised media.
Joan Tugores holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Barcelona. He is Professor of Economic Analysis Foundations at the Department of Economics of the University of Barcelona. He has also served as rector of the University of Barcelona (2001-2005) and as Dean of the Faculty of Economics (1993-1998).
- Summer School will unravel the effects of market rivalry on growth with Duke and Barcelona professors
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 8th Workshops on Public Economics and Political Economy
- MSc in Economics to offer Erasmus+ exchange opportunities with the Kyoto University from 2019/20
- Job market candidates from 2017/18 hold academic and research positions at institutions in Europe and America
- Former UB School of Economics researcher Marta Curto awarded prize for Best Journal Article
- Faculty of Economics and Business at the UB invites applications for four Post-Doctoral positions
- Two Post-Doctoral fellowships available at the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group at the UB
- Job Market candidates list for 2018/19 now available on UB School of Economics website
- “It is crucial to have time and resources to engage with an ambitious research agenda”