Joan Tugores named 2018 Member of Merit by the Association of Economists of Catalonia
Professor at the University of Barcelona and researcher at the UB School of Economics Joan Tugores has been named 2018 Member of Merit by the Association of Economists of Catalonia for his extensive curriculum and his contributions to the field of economics, with particular attention to the study of globalisation and the economic crisis. The association also highlights his close follow up of the macro and micro economic situation with regular publications in general and specialised media.
Joan Tugores holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Barcelona. He is Professor of Economic Analysis Foundations at the Department of Economics of the University of Barcelona. He has also served as rector of the University of Barcelona (2001-2005) and as Dean of the Faculty of Economics (1993-1998).
- PhD graduates Valeria Bernardo and Ilias Pasidis awarded extraordinary doctoral prize
- Four UB School of Economics PhD students awarded SEBAP mobility grants
- UB School of Economics participates in the master’s and postgraduate fair Saló Futura
- Department of Economics is hiring an Assistant Professor in the field of Public Economics
- The IEB offers scholarships for new PhD students at the UB School of Economics
- Faculty of Economics and Business at the UB ranked one of the best for Social Sciences & Management
- Montserrat Guillén and Alfonso Herranz win two ICREA Academia Awards
- Summer School will unravel the effects of market rivalry on growth with Duke and Barcelona professors
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 8th Workshops on Public Economics and Political Economy