MSc in Economics adds dimension of internationalisation to its accreditation of excellence
The MSc in Economics at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics has been awarded the Additional Dimension of Internationalisation which adds on to the Accreditation with Excellence gained earlier this year. The programme achieved the maximum overall score of Quality-level Compliant by the external evaluation panel in the final assessment. It also obtained the maximum score in all the three specific internationalisation dimensions.
The internationalisation distinction by the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU) is an additional label to the aforementioned seal of excellence which recognises the added value of the programme in terms of academic and professional internationalisation of the programme. The three specific internationalisation dimensions are “study programme for internationalisation”, “internationalisation of teaching staff” and “internationalisation results”, all of which were awarded the Quality-level Compliant grade.
The accreditation process has revealed specific strengths, such as the highly internationalised study body and teaching faculty, the international nature and outlook of the programme, the establishment of new student exchange mobility agreements, the implementation of the visiting professor and teaching exchange programmes, as well as the support mechanisms in place, the individual assistance and personalised supervision. The internationalisation indicator results also show that the MSc in Economics is well-ranked among its international equivalents.
The programme also obtained the overall qualification of accreditation with excellence last February. This seal is acquired when a study programme successfully undergoes an evaluation process and complies to a high level with the majority of the accreditation criteria and numerous good practices exceed the required minimum. Training programme quality, lecturer suitability for the programme, efficiency of training support schemes and training programme results were just some of the accreditation criteria that were assessed.
Only programmes that successfully complete the process of accreditation according to the levels of “accreditation” and “accreditation with excellence” can apply for the review of additional dimensions, such as the international dimension. As a form of distinction, the name of the specific dimension is added to that of the quality label.
- University of Barcelona announces 77 Erasmus+ grants for teaching staff
- MSc in Economics adds dimension of internationalisation to its accreditation of excellence
- 3rd Catalan Congress of Economy and Business welcomes papers addressing equitable and efficient models
- Two Serra Húnter positions available at the Department of Economics
- Latest MSc in Economics theses available through the UB Digital Repository
- The Barcelona Economics Analysis Team created within the UB School of Economics
- The AQR and IREA welcome papers for the 2017 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics
- UB School of Economics ranked amongst world’s top 200 institutions
- MSc in Economics students will receive their diplomas at a graduation ceremony