MSc in Economics student Gerard Domènech awarded Masters of Excellence grant from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
First year MSc in Economics student at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics Gerard Domènech has been awarded one of the Masters of Excellence grants from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation. “This scholarship is an enormous help, which allows me to focus entirely on my studies during these two years. As it is an ‘Excellence’ grant, I also see it as a recognition and an expression of confidence”, Gerard Domènech said.
Being a graduate in Mathematics, he has admitted that: “I decided to do a master’s in Economics because it had always been a science which I had found interesting. I even considered doing my undergraduate degree in Economics. After my bachelor in Mathematics, I was also interested in applying what I had seen and learnt to this new field”
The grants are aimed to Spanish students and awarded in recognition of the effort and the academic records. “I still do not know what my goals will be after the MSc in Economics, but I do know that I would love to have a job which is strongly research-oriented, regardless of it is at the university or not”, he said.
The MSc in Economics is one of the beneficiaries of the Masters’ of Excellence programme from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation among all masters’ degrees in Catalan universities, according to the criteria established by the Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation. “I chose the UB School of Economics because I found the programme very interesting and because the research fields at the Faculty of Economics and Business are so diverse. Moreover, I did my bachelor degree at the University of Barcelona and I am very satisfied”, Gerard Domènech explained.
The awards ceremony of the Masters of Excellence Grants took place on October 25th at the Auditorium of La Pedrera.
- 4th Geography of Innovation Conference to gather over 300 participants in Barcelona
- UB School of Economics highlights of 2017: Recap of a great year!
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 5th Workshop on Urban Economics
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms
- University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
- PhD graduates of 2016/17 find placements in academia and industry soon after their thesis defence
- Job Market candidates list for 2017/18 is now available on School of Economics website