MSc in Economics student Gerard Domènech awarded Masters of Excellence grant from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
First year MSc in Economics student at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics Gerard Domènech has been awarded one of the Masters of Excellence grants from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation. “This scholarship is an enormous help, which allows me to focus entirely on my studies during these two years. As it is an ‘Excellence’ grant, I also see it as a recognition and an expression of confidence”, Gerard Domènech said.
Being a graduate in Mathematics, he has admitted that: “I decided to do a master’s in Economics because it had always been a science which I had found interesting. I even considered doing my undergraduate degree in Economics. After my bachelor in Mathematics, I was also interested in applying what I had seen and learnt to this new field”
The grants are aimed to Spanish students and awarded in recognition of the effort and the academic records. “I still do not know what my goals will be after the MSc in Economics, but I do know that I would love to have a job which is strongly research-oriented, regardless of it is at the university or not”, he said.
The MSc in Economics is one of the beneficiaries of the Masters’ of Excellence programme from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation among all masters’ degrees in Catalan universities, according to the criteria established by the Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation. “I chose the UB School of Economics because I found the programme very interesting and because the research fields at the Faculty of Economics and Business are so diverse. Moreover, I did my bachelor degree at the University of Barcelona and I am very satisfied”, Gerard Domènech explained.
The awards ceremony of the Masters of Excellence Grants took place on October 25th at the Auditorium of La Pedrera.
- David Castells-Quintana and Maria Sánchez Vidal receive prize for outstanding PhD research in Economics
- Four PhD students at the UB School of Economics awarded SEBAP mobility grants
- UB School of Economics at the Futura Master’s and Post-graduate Exhibition 2018
- Two projects led by UB School of Economics researchers awarded RecerCaixa grants
- UB School of Economics researcher Francesc Amat wins fellowship to continue his research at IPERG
- Study co-authored by UB School of Economics researcher finds sizeable gender wage gap across Spanish regions
- University of Barcelona ranked 45th in Europe for Social Sciences and Management
- UB School of Economics hosts the first Kapuscinski Development Lecture at the University of Barcelona
- Big Data for Economics to be addressed by Prof. Arthur Charpentier at 2018 Summer School