MSc in Economics student Gerard Domènech awarded Masters of Excellence grant from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
First year MSc in Economics student at the Universitat de Barcelona School of Economics Gerard Domènech has been awarded one of the Masters of Excellence grants from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation. “This scholarship is an enormous help, which allows me to focus entirely on my studies during these two years. As it is an ‘Excellence’ grant, I also see it as a recognition and an expression of confidence”, Gerard Domènech said.
Being a graduate in Mathematics, he has admitted that: “I decided to do a master’s in Economics because it had always been a science which I had found interesting. I even considered doing my undergraduate degree in Economics. After my bachelor in Mathematics, I was also interested in applying what I had seen and learnt to this new field”
The grants are aimed to Spanish students and awarded in recognition of the effort and the academic records. “I still do not know what my goals will be after the MSc in Economics, but I do know that I would love to have a job which is strongly research-oriented, regardless of it is at the university or not”, he said.
The MSc in Economics is one of the beneficiaries of the Masters’ of Excellence programme from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation among all masters’ degrees in Catalan universities, according to the criteria established by the Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation. “I chose the UB School of Economics because I found the programme very interesting and because the research fields at the Faculty of Economics and Business are so diverse. Moreover, I did my bachelor degree at the University of Barcelona and I am very satisfied”, Gerard Domènech explained.
The awards ceremony of the Masters of Excellence Grants took place on October 25th at the Auditorium of La Pedrera.
- Call for papers for the 3rd Meeting on Transport Economics and Infrastructure is now open
- “Most of the research can’t be done by universities because we can’t access the data”
- AQR-IREA invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2018 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics
- UB School of Economics research shows that high trade costs have historically hindered inter-regional trade in South America
- Faculty of Economics and Business ranked among the world’s top 3% economic institutions
- UB School of Economics researchers receive best paper award for their research on semi-autonomous vehicle insurance at 31st International Congress of Actuaries
- UB School of Economics to host the XXXIII Jornadas de Economía Industrial in September
- Four Teaching Assistant scholarships available for new MSc and PhD students in Economics
- Open call for papers for the IX Workshop on Economics of Education