Ramon Alemany takes office as Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business
Ramon Alemany Leira, Professor in the Department of Econometrics, Statistics and Applied Economics, took office as Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona on April 19th, 2017. Vice-Deans Laura Guitart Tarrés, Raúl Ramos and Núria Rodríguez-Àvila also took office during the same ceremony, as well as Teresa Preixens as secretary of the Faculty.
The new team led by Ramon Alemany wants to maintain the level of excellence achieved in bachelor and master’s degrees and continue investing in policies aimed at developing, attracting and retaining talent. The new Dean also wants to comply with the social responsibility of the Faculty and better communicate all the activities that take place at the centre.
The creation of new master’s and postgraduate degrees that meet current demands not yet addressed is another of the priorities for the next years, as well as interdisciplinary master’s degrees in cooperation with other centres at the University of Barcelona. The Dean’s team will also work to attract international students from Europe, Latin America and emerging countries in Asia and Africa.
- UB School of Economics hosts the first Kapuscinski Development Lecture at the University of Barcelona
- Big Data for Economics to be addressed by Prof. Arthur Charpentier at 2018 Summer School
- Submit your application for postgraduate study at the UB School of Economics
- UB School of Economics researchers confirm large inequalities in carbon mobility emissions in Barcelona
- 4th Geography of Innovation Conference to gather over 300 participants in Barcelona
- UB School of Economics highlights of 2017: Recap of a great year!
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 5th Workshop on Urban Economics
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19