Ramon Alemany takes office as Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business
Ramon Alemany Leira, Professor in the Department of Econometrics, Statistics and Applied Economics, took office as Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona on April 19th, 2017. Vice-Deans Laura Guitart Tarrés, Raúl Ramos and Núria Rodríguez-Àvila also took office during the same ceremony, as well as Teresa Preixens as secretary of the Faculty.
The new team led by Ramon Alemany wants to maintain the level of excellence achieved in bachelor and master’s degrees and continue investing in policies aimed at developing, attracting and retaining talent. The new Dean also wants to comply with the social responsibility of the Faculty and better communicate all the activities that take place at the centre.
The creation of new master’s and postgraduate degrees that meet current demands not yet addressed is another of the priorities for the next years, as well as interdisciplinary master’s degrees in cooperation with other centres at the University of Barcelona. The Dean’s team will also work to attract international students from Europe, Latin America and emerging countries in Asia and Africa.
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms
- University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
- PhD graduates of 2016/17 find placements in academia and industry soon after their thesis defence
- Job Market candidates list for 2017/18 is now available on School of Economics website
- MSc in Economics student Gerard Domènech awarded Masters of Excellence grant from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
- Applications for graduate programme in Economics to open on November 1st 2017
- University of Barcelona improves positions in two important international rankings