Ramon Alemany takes office as Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business
Ramon Alemany Leira, Professor in the Department of Econometrics, Statistics and Applied Economics, took office as Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona on April 19th, 2017. Vice-Deans Laura Guitart Tarrés, Raúl Ramos and Núria Rodríguez-Àvila also took office during the same ceremony, as well as Teresa Preixens as secretary of the Faculty.
The new team led by Ramon Alemany wants to maintain the level of excellence achieved in bachelor and master’s degrees and continue investing in policies aimed at developing, attracting and retaining talent. The new Dean also wants to comply with the social responsibility of the Faculty and better communicate all the activities that take place at the centre.
The creation of new master’s and postgraduate degrees that meet current demands not yet addressed is another of the priorities for the next years, as well as interdisciplinary master’s degrees in cooperation with other centres at the University of Barcelona. The Dean’s team will also work to attract international students from Europe, Latin America and emerging countries in Asia and Africa.
- Careers Month at UB School of Economics closes 2017 edition with great success
- The University of Barcelona climbs eight places in the Leiden Ranking for Social Sciences
- Last round of applications to the PhD in Economics is now open and accepting submissions until June 15th
- IEB offers scholarships to students entering the PhD programme in Economics in 2017
- AQR welcomes proposals for special sessions for Geography of Innovation Conference in Barcelona
- Funding available for new students joining the MSc in Economics through two teaching assistantships
- “Working at the University of Barcelona was one of my wishes when I decided to pursue an academic career”
- Deadline for Milan-Barcelona 2017 Summer School on “Attractive Cities” approaching
- The Faculty of Economics and Business to welcome 200 researchers for the ITEA Annual Conference and School on Transportation Economics