Ramon Alemany takes office as Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business
Ramon Alemany Leira, Professor in the Department of Econometrics, Statistics and Applied Economics, took office as Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona on April 19th, 2017. Vice-Deans Laura Guitart Tarrés, Raúl Ramos and Núria Rodríguez-Àvila also took office during the same ceremony, as well as Teresa Preixens as secretary of the Faculty.
The new team led by Ramon Alemany wants to maintain the level of excellence achieved in bachelor and master’s degrees and continue investing in policies aimed at developing, attracting and retaining talent. The new Dean also wants to comply with the social responsibility of the Faculty and better communicate all the activities that take place at the centre.
The creation of new master’s and postgraduate degrees that meet current demands not yet addressed is another of the priorities for the next years, as well as interdisciplinary master’s degrees in cooperation with other centres at the University of Barcelona. The Dean’s team will also work to attract international students from Europe, Latin America and emerging countries in Asia and Africa.
- Meet the MSc in Economics fresher class of 2017/18
- Faculty of Economics and Business announces five new Job Market hires
- UB School of Economics researcher Amedeo Piolatto awarded a Ramon y Cajal postdoctoral senior grant
- University of Barcelona announces 77 Erasmus+ grants for teaching staff
- MSc in Economics adds dimension of internationalisation to its accreditation of excellence
- 3rd Catalan Congress of Economy and Business welcomes papers addressing equitable and efficient models
- Two Serra Húnter positions available in the Department of Economics
- Latest MSc in Economics theses available through the UB Digital Repository
- The Barcelona Economics Analysis Team created within the UB School of Economics