Ramon Alemany takes office as Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business
Ramon Alemany Leira, Professor in the Department of Econometrics, Statistics and Applied Economics, took office as Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Barcelona on April 19th, 2017. Vice-Deans Laura Guitart Tarrés, Raúl Ramos and Núria Rodríguez-Àvila also took office during the same ceremony, as well as Teresa Preixens as secretary of the Faculty.
The new team led by Ramon Alemany wants to maintain the level of excellence achieved in bachelor and master’s degrees and continue investing in policies aimed at developing, attracting and retaining talent. The new Dean also wants to comply with the social responsibility of the Faculty and better communicate all the activities that take place at the centre.
The creation of new master’s and postgraduate degrees that meet current demands not yet addressed is another of the priorities for the next years, as well as interdisciplinary master’s degrees in cooperation with other centres at the University of Barcelona. The Dean’s team will also work to attract international students from Europe, Latin America and emerging countries in Asia and Africa.
- "The research environment at the UB School of Economics is active and stimulating"
- Ramon Alemany takes office as Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Business
- Research assistant position opportunity at the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group
- Call for papers open for the VIII Workshop on Economics of Education at the University of Barcelona
- Barcelona Institute of Economics to calculate the tax gap in Catalonia
- UB School of Economics researcher Marta Curto-Grau awarded Marie Curie fellowship to study the impact of politicians’ personal traits on public policies
- Hundreds of students approach UB School of Economics during Barcelona’s postgraduate fair “Futura”
- Two PhD students at the UB School of Economics awarded SEBAP researcher mobility grants
- UB School of Economics to participate in Barcelona's international postgraduate fair “Futura”