UB School of Economics to host workshop on historical political economy and gender politics
The Historical Political Economy and Gender Politics Workshop will offer two days packed with presentations from top researchers at the University of Barcelona on October 9th-10th 2017. The official programme includes 11 presentations from speakers coming from University of Oxford, Harvard University, Princeton University, University of California-Berkeley, London School of Economics, Pompeu Fabra University, University of Barcelona and IAST-Toulouse.
The event, organised by the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group (IPERG) at the University of Barcelona, is the final workshop of the excellence project funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness ‘Political competition, infrastructure and female voting during the Second Republic (1931-1936): the case of Catalonia’, known as VOTREP. This project aims at collecting, digitalising and analysing data on election results at the minimum level of aggregation.
Topics that will be covered during the workshop include voting patterns, geography of mobilisation, electoral reform, party discipline, government spending, state violence, women’s networks, labour unrest, ideology formation, female participation and activist preferences, among others. An hour will be devoted for each session, including 20 minutes for presentation, 10-15 minutes for discussion with assigned discussants and 25-30 minutes of open discussion.
More information HERE.
- David Castells-Quintana and Maria Sánchez Vidal receive prize for outstanding PhD research in Economics
- Four PhD students at the UB School of Economics awarded SEBAP mobility grants
- UB School of Economics at the Futura Master’s and Post-graduate Exhibition 2018
- Two projects led by UB School of Economics researchers awarded RecerCaixa grants
- UB School of Economics researcher Francesc Amat wins fellowship to continue his research at IPERG
- Study co-authored by UB School of Economics researcher finds sizeable gender wage gap across Spanish regions
- University of Barcelona ranked 45th in Europe for Social Sciences and Management
- UB School of Economics hosts the first Kapuscinski Development Lecture at the University of Barcelona
- Big Data for Economics to be addressed by Prof. Arthur Charpentier at 2018 Summer School