UB School of Economics to host workshop on historical political economy and gender politics
The Historical Political Economy and Gender Politics Workshop will offer two days packed with presentations from top researchers at the University of Barcelona on October 9th-10th 2017. The official programme includes 11 presentations from speakers coming from University of Oxford, Harvard University, Princeton University, University of California-Berkeley, London School of Economics, Pompeu Fabra University, University of Barcelona and IAST-Toulouse.
The event, organised by the Institutions and Political Economy Research Group (IPERG) at the University of Barcelona, is the final workshop of the excellence project funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness ‘Political competition, infrastructure and female voting during the Second Republic (1931-1936): the case of Catalonia’, known as VOTREP. This project aims at collecting, digitalising and analysing data on election results at the minimum level of aggregation.
Topics that will be covered during the workshop include voting patterns, geography of mobilisation, electoral reform, party discipline, government spending, state violence, women’s networks, labour unrest, ideology formation, female participation and activist preferences, among others. An hour will be devoted for each session, including 20 minutes for presentation, 10-15 minutes for discussion with assigned discussants and 25-30 minutes of open discussion.
More information HERE.
- 4th Geography of Innovation Conference to gather over 300 participants in Barcelona
- UB School of Economics highlights of 2017: Recap of a great year!
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 5th Workshop on Urban Economics
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms
- University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
- PhD graduates of 2016/17 find placements in academia and industry soon after their thesis defence
- Job Market candidates list for 2017/18 is now available on School of Economics website