UB School of Economics highlights of 2017: Recap of a great year!
The year 2017 has been extraordinary for the UB School of Economics. The last 365 days have brought many reasons to celebrate. Last January we saw the establishment of the new research group IPERG led by Professor Carles Boix, who has been awarded a European Research Council (ERC) grant. More recently, the research institute Barcelona Economic Analysis Team (BEAT) was officially launched last October. Finally, the centre has welcomed three new Job Market hires in the area of Economics.
As far as our postgraduate programmes are concerned, the MSc in Economics has been awarded to the Accreditation with Excellence and the Additional Dimension of Internationalisation with the maximum overall score. New agreements for Erasmus+ mobility with the University of Amsterdam and the Catholic University of Milan have also been reached in the past 12 months.
We have also learnt that our master’s and PhD graduates have entered successful academic and professional careers, which makes us extremely happy. We wish the same luck to the new generations of students. In September, we welcomed 28 new MSc in Economics students from all over the world, with a large proportion of students from Europe and the Americas. Our PhD community also keeps growing, with 13 new students this year.
- David Castells-Quintana and Maria Sánchez Vidal receive prize for outstanding PhD research in Economics
- Four PhD students at the UB School of Economics awarded SEBAP mobility grants
- UB School of Economics at the Futura Master’s and Post-graduate Exhibition 2018
- Two projects led by UB School of Economics researchers awarded RecerCaixa grants
- UB School of Economics researcher Francesc Amat wins fellowship to continue his research at IPERG
- Study co-authored by UB School of Economics researcher finds sizeable gender wage gap across Spanish regions
- University of Barcelona ranked 45th in Europe for Social Sciences and Management
- UB School of Economics hosts the first Kapuscinski Development Lecture at the University of Barcelona
- Big Data for Economics to be addressed by Prof. Arthur Charpentier at 2018 Summer School