UB School of Economics highlights of 2017: Recap of a great year!
The year 2017 has been extraordinary for the UB School of Economics. The last 365 days have brought many reasons to celebrate. Last January we saw the establishment of the new research group IPERG led by Professor Carles Boix, who has been awarded a European Research Council (ERC) grant. More recently, the research institute Barcelona Economic Analysis Team (BEAT) was officially launched last October. Finally, the centre has welcomed three new Job Market hires in the area of Economics.
As far as our postgraduate programmes are concerned, the MSc in Economics has been awarded to the Accreditation with Excellence and the Additional Dimension of Internationalisation with the maximum overall score. New agreements for Erasmus+ mobility with the University of Amsterdam and the Catholic University of Milan have also been reached in the past 12 months.
We have also learnt that our master’s and PhD graduates have entered successful academic and professional careers, which makes us extremely happy. We wish the same luck to the new generations of students. In September, we welcomed 28 new MSc in Economics students from all over the world, with a large proportion of students from Europe and the Americas. Our PhD community also keeps growing, with 13 new students this year.
- Call for papers for the 3rd Meeting on Transport Economics and Infrastructure is now open
- “Most of the research can’t be done by universities because we can’t access the data”
- AQR-IREA invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 2018 Barcelona Workshop on Regional and Urban Economics
- UB School of Economics research shows that high trade costs have historically hindered inter-regional trade in South America
- Faculty of Economics and Business ranked among the world’s top 3% economic institutions
- UB School of Economics researchers receive best paper award for their research on semi-autonomous vehicle insurance at 31st International Congress of Actuaries
- UB School of Economics to host the XXXIII Jornadas de Economía Industrial in September
- Four Teaching Assistant scholarships available for new MSc and PhD students in Economics
- Open call for papers for the IX Workshop on Economics of Education