UB School of Economics highlights of 2017: Recap of a great year!
The year 2017 has been extraordinary for the UB School of Economics. The last 365 days have brought many reasons to celebrate. Last January we saw the establishment of the new research group IPERG led by Professor Carles Boix, who has been awarded a European Research Council (ERC) grant. More recently, the research institute Barcelona Economic Analysis Team (BEAT) was officially launched last October. Finally, the centre has welcomed three new Job Market hires in the area of Economics.
As far as our postgraduate programmes are concerned, the MSc in Economics has been awarded to the Accreditation with Excellence and the Additional Dimension of Internationalisation with the maximum overall score. New agreements for Erasmus+ mobility with the University of Amsterdam and the Catholic University of Milan have also been reached in the past 12 months.
We have also learnt that our master’s and PhD graduates have entered successful academic and professional careers, which makes us extremely happy. We wish the same luck to the new generations of students. In September, we welcomed 28 new MSc in Economics students from all over the world, with a large proportion of students from Europe and the Americas. Our PhD community also keeps growing, with 13 new students this year.
- 4th Geography of Innovation Conference to gather over 300 participants in Barcelona
- UB School of Economics highlights of 2017: Recap of a great year!
- IEB invites the submission of papers for presentation at the 5th Workshop on Urban Economics
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms
- University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
- PhD graduates of 2016/17 find placements in academia and industry soon after their thesis defence
- Job Market candidates list for 2017/18 is now available on School of Economics website