University of Barcelona improves positions in two important international rankings
The University of Barcelona keeps on progressing and consolidating as the top university in Spain in the main international scientific rankings. In the new edition of the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR), our university steps up to position number 103, and improves nineteen positions compared to 2016. The university improved also in the National Taiwan University Ranking (NTU) and holds a position among the top 100 universities worldwide, in particular number 64 –five more positions than in 2016– at a global scale, and 18 in Europe.
In the case of the CWUR, this upward change is due the improvement in indicators such as publications, citations, influence of research and international impact. Regarding scientific performance, it reaches the 50th position worldwide, while it is listed in the 51st, 89th and 92nd positions in international impact, citations and influence, respectively. On the other hand, the NTU ranking is one of the first international rankings that calculated positions out of a set of indicators exclusively obtained from the indexed scientific production.
At an international scale, both lists are led by American universities. According to the CWUR, the Autonomous University of Barcelona, in the 229th position, and the Complutense University of Madrid, in the 230th, make up for the first three positions in Spain together with the University of Barcelona. In the NTU ranking, the Autonomous University of Barcelona holds the 178th position and the University of Valencia the 232nd.
- Applications open for Post-Doctoral positions in Economics
- University of Paris-Saclay, University of Amsterdam and Catholic University of Milan announced as new Erasmus+ destinations for 2018/19
- MSc in Economics graduates of 2017 go on to do a PhD or take up positions in internationally renowned firms
- University of Barcelona stands out among the top 50 universities worldwide in scientific performance
- PhD graduates of 2016/17 find placements in academia and industry soon after their thesis defence
- Job Market candidates list for 2017/18 is now available on School of Economics website
- MSc in Economics student Gerard Domènech awarded Masters of Excellence grant from Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation
- Applications for graduate programme in Economics to open on November 1st 2017
- University of Barcelona improves positions in two important international rankings